Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dm3587
Channel Surfer

Add-ons and Subscriptions don't work.

Jump to solution

I have paramount+, disney+ and other subscriptions. Some of them are add ons on the roku channel lineup. Every time I try to watch the add on channels, I'm told I'm not subscribed. Roku must do better in its subscription integration.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Add-ons and Subscriptions don't work.

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Dm3587!

We understand your sentiments and we'd be more than happy to provide you further information about this. 

In addition to what our streaming expert provided above, please be informed that if you subscribed directly to a channel on their respective websites, you will need to install their specific channel from the Channel Store and access it directly from the standalone. You won't be able to access them via The Roku Channel if that's what you're trying to do, as those would be separate subscriptions.

However, if you subscribed through Roku, you will need to access those channels inside The Roku Channel.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's a difference accessing something through The Roku Channel and using the provider's stand-alone app.  The subscriptions are not interchangeable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Dm3587!

We understand your sentiments and we'd be more than happy to provide you further information about this. 

In addition to what our streaming expert provided above, please be informed that if you subscribed directly to a channel on their respective websites, you will need to install their specific channel from the Channel Store and access it directly from the standalone. You won't be able to access them via The Roku Channel if that's what you're trying to do, as those would be separate subscriptions.

However, if you subscribed through Roku, you will need to access those channels inside The Roku Channel.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Dm3587
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That's just ridiculous! Thanks for the clarification.

0 Kudos