Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arjaybe
Channel Surfer

Can I get ESPN Plus stand-alone?

Jump to solution

I'm trying to add ESPN Plus to my channels but it doesn't show up to be selected. Is it possible to get ESPN Plus as a stand-alone channel?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I get ESPN Plus stand-alone?

Jump to solution

@arjaybe 

ESPN+ is not available through legal means in Canada.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@arjaybe wrote:

I'm trying to add ESPN Plus to my channels but it doesn't show up to be selected. Is it possible to get ESPN Plus as a stand-alone channel?

ESPN+ is a standalone service, but there is not a standalone app. By the way, ESPN+ does not include the full ESPN content. You may already know that, but some don't, and I'm including in case anyone reading does not realize that.

ESPN+ is viewable through the ESPN app. There is an ESPN+ section, in addition to the ESPN+ content that's scattered throughout the app. All ESPN+ content is marked as such.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

arjaybe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, that helps, but I can't find the ESPN app on my Roku. All ESPN brings up is some FM station.

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

ESPN is still cable-only and Disney is dragging its feet on a subscription service.  Proper ESPN does not exist yet on any streaming platforms.

Word is it may be coming "soon":

https://thestreamable.com/news/disney-ceo-full-espn-streaming-service-is-coming-will-be-ultimate-fan...

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@arjaybe wrote:

Thanks, that helps, but I can't find the ESPN app on my Roku. All ESPN brings up is some FM station.

Are you located somewhere other than the US? I just checked the channel store on my laptop and on my Ultra 4800 and the ESPN channel is listed. 

Also as mentioned, it states clearly on the store page: "CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED" There's no way to directly subscribe to ESPN at this time. Although I do believe that online TV providers, such as Fubo, Sling or YouTube TV all qualify for a subscription service as well.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
arjaybe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm in Canada, but I just noticed the link in the first reply by OwnerofDevices and there's a Roku link at the ESPN site. I'll have to see where that leads. If I can get ESPN Plus that way, then good.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@arjaybe 

ESPN+ is not available through legal means in Canada.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
arjaybe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Typical weasels. I guess I'll have to "explore other options."

0 Kudos