Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gigiseam
Reel Rookie

Color picture has turned to a Black and white picture

Jump to solution

My screen has turned black and white as well. It also is very dark and I have no option to change the brightness. I’ve already unplugged both cables and re plugged them in multiple times. I even left it unplugged for three days, just returned and plugged it in to see and it’s still dark. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Color picture has turned to a Black and white picture

Jump to solution

Hi @gigiseam,

Thank you for the quick response.

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with having a black-and-white screen when streaming.

When did the issue start? Have you tried customizing the picture settings on your Sony TV?

Since the Roku device is working fine on a different TV, we suggest that you customize the picture settings on your Sony TV and reach out to Sony's customer support for more assistance.

Please don't hesitate to inform us of this step's outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gigiseam,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for bringing this issue to our attention!

We'd like to gather more information regarding this problem that you had. Is this happening on all channels and contents, or is it isolated? (Specify) Could you send us a photo or video clip?

We will wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gigiseam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is for everything, channels and all. 

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @gigiseam 

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and rest assured that our team is dedicated to helping you towards resolving the issue at hand. In this instance, we recommend plugging the Roku device into another TV and observing the behavior. If this option is not available, you can try to plug it into another HDMI port.

Please feel free to let us know of the result of this step.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gigiseam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have already tried using other HDMI ports on my main tv, it was still so dark. I tried it on another tv and it worked I guess normally. But why is it only the tv I have in my room then. I’ve seen your rokus work on older tv’s than mine.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gigiseam,

Thank you for the quick response.

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem with having a black-and-white screen when streaming.

When did the issue start? Have you tried customizing the picture settings on your Sony TV?

Since the Roku device is working fine on a different TV, we suggest that you customize the picture settings on your Sony TV and reach out to Sony's customer support for more assistance.

Please don't hesitate to inform us of this step's outcome.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
gigiseam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Omg. I had no idea it was the tv picture settings that was off. I don’t even have my Sony remote anymore so I have no idea how that happened. But it is working fine now! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos