Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyMosconi
Reel Rookie

Having to login to YouTube every time very annoying

Why can't I stay logged in to Youtube? Have to log in every time!

21 REPLIES 21
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Having to login to YouTube every time very annoying

@TonyMosconi 

That is definitely not normal behavior. I've not had to log in to my YouTube app on Roku in years. Since I added it, in fact. That should be the behavior.

It may be that something has corrupted the data on your Roku device. If that's what's going on, then the best way to fix that is the following. Note the order of things is important.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Most people will skip step 2, or do the steps out of order. If the issue is stray or corrupt data, this should resolve it, if done in the correct order.

Note that if it doesn't resolve it, then either the steps were done out of order, or it's something other than corrupt data in the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

TonyMosconi
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much...you solved my problem!

0 Kudos
dondmac
Reel Rookie

Hi, DBDukes. I have the same problem with my Roku Streaming Stick 4K which won't stay logged in to YouTube. The three steps in your original response will work for 2-3 days and then I have to login again.

Can you confirm that I'm rebooting properly by selecting settings/system/power/system restart?

Also, you mentioned that if we're doing all three steps in order and still having the problem that it's probably something other than corrupt data. Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting or other steps I can take to determine the cause?

Thanks for your help.

DBDukes

@dondmac 

Um, I'm slightly confused by something, and I don't want to get off track, but here goes anyway.

Settings > System > Power has been available on Roku TVs for some time, but doesn't appear on my Roku devices (my Roku devices that are not Roku TVs). I don't have the Roku Streaming Stick 4K, so I can't say that it doesn't have that in the menu. User @AvsGunnar says he has seen that on the Streaming Stick 4K+, but @makaiguy doesn't have it on his sticks.

I realize that's something that may not be directly related to your issue, but the fact that there are different menus means something about the software is different. You probably have a build, or even an update, newer than (or at least different from) mine. So, just to be sure this isn't a Roku software bug, please go through the extra steps of providing Roku software version/build, along with the model number of your device. It's at Settings > System > About

Maybe one of the others who has that change in the menu may have some insight on what else may be in play, and that might help resolve your issue.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
dondmac
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Here's the information you asked for.

Model: 3820RW - Streaming Stick 4K

Version: 10.5.1 Build: 4066-CU

Last Update: 12/16/2021

Last Check for Updates: 2/21/2022

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@DBDukes wrote:

@dondmac 

User @AvsGunnar says he has seen that on the Streaming Stick 4K+, but @makaiguy doesn't have it on his sticks

When I reported I did not have a Power menu option on my Streaming Sticks, that was when I only had older Streaming Stick models.

Settings > System > Power has been in Roku TVs all along, but was added only to newer Roku devices in Roku operating software version 10.5.

My Streaming Stick (3600) and Streaming Stick+ (3810) do NOT have a Settings > System > Power menu item and the System restart option remains under Settings > System.

My newly acquired Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821) DOES have a Settings > System > Power menu item and the System restart is located there.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dondmac
Reel Rookie

@DBDukes 

Thanks for your follow-up, DBDukes. I appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately, I've had to log in to YouTube three times since my last post, so the Roku stick continues to drop my login.

If I can't find a fix, I may have to buy a replacement even though this one is only three months old.

Thanks again for your help and quick replies.

dondmac

0 Kudos
LisaCLight

I have a Roku device I plug into my TV.  I'm super paranoid of deleting anything since I might lose all the stuff I have on my Roku screen.

Will doing the three steps:

1) Remove the app

2) Reboot the Roku

3) Reinstall the app 

Change anything I already have in my selections?

0 Kudos
LisaCLight

In step 2) Reboot the Roku, do you just unplug in from the USB port in the back of my not-so-smart TV?

0 Kudos