Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Videohooligan
Channel Surfer

Is RAI AND MEDIASET (ITALIAN TV) available on Roku?

Hello,

Is RAI Play and Mediaset available on ROKU? I have done a search but nothing comes up. My understanding is that it works with Firestick and Apple TV but not with ROKU.

Would appreciate your advise.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Is RAI AND MEDIASET (ITALIAN TV) available on Roku?

You can go to https://channelstore.roku.com/browse to check what is available.

From what I can tell, neither have Roku apps. Searching for RAI just finds stuff named RAINBOW and similar. MEDIASET found nothing;

davidjazz
Roku Guru

There is a free Italian channel from MariaTV called "Local TV" in the International section. It carries many Italian channels, but not RAI or Mediaset.  There are several Media-something channels within Local TV, so you might check to see it goes under a different name.

Also, several Italian aggregator channels are available in the International section of the Roku store for a monthly fee, but I don't know if any carry the stations you want.

Donaldgallo
Reel Rookie

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, RAI Play and Mediaset might not have dedicated channels available on the Roku platform. The availability of specific channels can vary by region and is subject to change over time. To check the current status and availability of RAI Play and Mediaset on Roku, I recommend visiting the Roku Channel Store directly from your Roku device or checking the official Roku website. Roku often adds new channels, and the availability may have changed since my last update. If these channels are not available on Roku, you might want to explore alternative streaming devices like Firestick or Apple TV, where their availability is confirmed. Always check for the latest information on the respective channel stores or official websites for the most accurate and up-to-date details.

0 Kudos
Videohooligan
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your feedback. It seems you are right and I will need to purchase a Firestick or Apple TV

0 Kudos