Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pappaw59
Reel Rookie

Jvc/Roku tv won't show my cable channels

My Jvc/Roku tv stopped showing streaming Roku channels along with my local cable channels. Both sources were combined in the live viewing app for about a year. Now when I select the live app it will show streaming channels but NOT cable channels if connected to the internet. When not connected to the internet it will show cable channels but of course no streaming channels. As soon as I connect to the internet,  it drops cable and shows streaming,  but not both.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Jvc/Roku tv won't show my cable channels

Hi @Pappaw59,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we would be more than glad to assist you with this. As a start, let's troubleshoot this issue by performing a restart to your Roku TV. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power > System Restart. After this step, kindly do a re-scan of your Live TV channels. For more information to re-scan the channels, kindly refer to this support article at this link: How to set up the Live TV input on your Roku TV™

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Warrenbec2232
Reel Rookie

The same thing is happening to me.  Did everything that was suggested above.  Have to disconnect from wifi to see cable channels. 

0 Kudos
mavans

Didn't work. Still having issues. Tried rescan several time and even reset to factory for the whole tv and nothing worked.  

0 Kudos
Haydu

I’m having the same problem with my Magnavox Roku Tv. I have no cable channels. I have reset the TV twice and still only have streaming channels. Can’t get any local channels. Driving me crazy.

0 Kudos
Warrenbec2232
Reel Rookie

The only way I was able to get my cable channels was to disable the wifi network without unplugging my router.  I went to the homepage, then settings, then system, then advanced system settings, and then network connection reset.   I then went back to the homepage and used the icon for my tv/cable.   Was able to watch my cable channels and still have wifi on my personal devices.  I hope this helps you.

Miharu

On a similar but slightly different vein, I can't get channel 3 to show up anymore.  I was have my PS2 plugged into my antenna port.  Was able to play it just fine last night, but now the TV refuses to give me channel 3.  I even had it rescan for channels, and it asked me if I wanted 3 & 4, I said yes, it confirmed that it was giving them to me, but they just aren't there.  The ONLY way I can get them to show up is to deny the TV access to the internet.  Even did a factory reset, but same outcome.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Perhaps this might work for you...

After the recent 'update' to the Live TV app (panel, channel, whatever...), I also lost all of my over-the-air channels on my Roku TV.

Here is what I did to get them back YMMV:

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna/cable input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

I haven't found a way to have both the Antenna Channels and Streaming Channels cooperate. since the Live TV app was updated.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Miharu

I already tried that.  Thanks for trying to help, though.  I think I've already pretty much tried everything.
(It does get me like four channels from the antenna, listed as 12.1 through 12.4, but does nothing to get channels 3 and 4 back.)

0 Kudos
M0nkeygirl
Reel Rookie

I reset my network and now its ok but this is an issue. Never had a problem until today.

0 Kudos