Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gralea

NEWSMAX TV "Work Around" — Not a Roku Problem — UPDATE 11-08-2023

Newsmax Live is behind a paywall now. It is NOT a Roku issue, BUT, if you have a TV with internet access, and you have subscribed to the new Newsmax TV, then use your TV's web browser to go to the Newsmax site. Enter all of your credentials, and you should get their new "LIVE" screen. I am watching it now on my Samsung with no problems. #Roku #Samsung #Newsmax

UPDATE NOV 8 2023 — Currently, on my ROKU, the Newsmax+ channel app is working as advertised. No problems. 

65 REPLIES 65
Lupi
Channel Surfer

Re: NEWSMAX TV "Work Around" — Not a Roku Problem — You Can Still Watch Live...

Well that’s great for those with that kind of tv but doesn’t help with those of us who don’t. Roku said that they need Newsmax to furnish the new app to them.

waynecu1
Binge Watcher

It been great if Newsmax would provided this information last night  I have it install on my Roku 4k player but it would not play remove it went to Roku system upgrade downloaded the latest & downloaded app for Newsmax still showing Newmax2 hum ok I double check to make sure I had account with Newsmax since it become a pay to stream service $4.99 per month with 15 day free trial ok it still cheaper than Fox news. I after all of this a give up logon on to PC type in NewmaxTV.com works great also was able to Finish watching Greg Kelly last night on my Cell phone  I am sure it will play on my IPad until News Max get the new app avaible I guess that the way it will have to be?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@waynecu1 

There are a few casting channels/apps that you can install on your cell phone/mobile device and Roku device.  This will allow you to cast online/web content (like Newsmax streams from their website) through your Roku to your TV.

You can look at Web Video Caster (both free and paid version, but free works just fine).  This is the app I use to cast web content to my Roku devices.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd37e6d096d3197a9578787890118e33/web-video-caster-receiver

---

This will at least give you an option to watch on your larger screens until resolved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ratsnest
Channel Surfer

I had a call in to newsmax. They did call me back and I was told that they will have their Roku version tomorrow (November 2nd)... Hahahaha!

Just like everyone else in the industry,  nobody gives a Hoot!, until many people start complaining,  then and only then will they put some sort of effort to fix it.

So newsmax had plenty of time to take care of all the issues they may run into, but I believe they treat roku and even fire stick is at the bottom of their priorities. 

Newsmax has been planning this change for a long time. 

mrpfl
Reel Rookie

NewsMax App has been updated

Posting this as the posts from yesterday don't reflect the update.

Bottom line, the app has been updated, 2 ways to get the update.  After starting the app, press the "*" button on your controller and check for updates.  The other option would be to uninstall and reinstall.  Once you have the updated app, there will be a new feature on the sidebar Account Settings (looks like a person).

Hope this helps, NewsMax did a poor job of rolling this out, I'm sure there is a story behind it (that we will never hear).

TamSimon
Channel Surfer

Newsmax ap updated now on Roku TV

I wanted to let every know I just was able to update my Newsmax app on my Roku TV. All works now.!!

Tkr464

Re: Newsmax ap updated now on Roku TV

Go here to fix newsmax+ issue.  

https://youtu.be/hCTmjOyDdzE?si=sUAI68OWC3Srt01u

0 Kudos
semccary

newsmax+ is not on roku

0 Kudos
semccary

newsmax+ is not on roku as of now