Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year's Channel automatically added to home screen

Can we have an option to stop adding things to the home screen? Today I had to turn off the New Year's thing. I'm pretty sure I've turned off a couple of other things in the last few weeks. And then a shortcut came and went, which was annoying because I wasn't allowed to remove it myself (it's gone now, I forget what it said).

Please, just let me specify that I don't want anything added to my decently clean home screen.

7 REPLIES 7
Wanderglobe
Channel Surfer

Re: option to stop adding things to home screen?

I second this. As I've said before, our business relationship is over. You made it. I paid for it. It's mine now. Don't touch it again. I have it exactly how I want it. I went through the trouble of setting up pi-hole just to get rid of that monstrous **bleep**ing ad on MY home screen. Stay out of my house and keep your hands off my **bleep**ing TV. Jesus H this is the last time I buy anything with Roku on it again. Raspberry Pi and and an HDMI cable in the future. 

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I agree! This is why when I setup my Roku device (or any internet connected device) the first thing I do is go through all the settings and make sure everything is configured how I want it so 'features' I don't want are not on because all of those annoyances are almost always enabled by default.

I never want anything added to my home screen unless I put it there myself. And it's even more annoying when Roku adds things to your home screen like those recent new rows without the ability to disable or hide them, which they finally did give us the ability to turn off but only after nearly 2 months of complaints!

0 Kudos
Lane03
Roku Guru

Agreed. I shouldn't have to go into settings every few weeks just to keep the home screen how I like it.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Any time they add something new it's always enabled by default and you have to go into the settings to disable it to make it go away. I just got some "New Year" thing today on my list to the left of my channels on the home screen and I immediately turned it off! Just like I always do as soon as I see some new Roku junk added without my consent. It's so unbelievably annoying!

Roku stop doing this! WE DO NOT want your SPAM continually added to the Home Screen! Just leave my device alone! I have it set up the way I want without your constant interference!

Stop meddling with my devices!

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

That annoying "New Year" category once again appeared on the left side of my apps on my Roku today, after I had gone into the settings and selected "Hide" yesterday so it would go away, and it came back!

Roku I have really had it with your annoyances on the home screen! Not only are you putting categories of things I never want to have but after I manually go into the settings to Hide it you intentionally override my personal preference and make it appear again the next day as if I never turned it off! Just so you can push whatever nonsense is in that category you are trying to force me to see! ENOUGH!

This really is unacceptable, this is MY Roku device that I paid for so leave it alone! Take your Holiday annoyances and any other things you keep adding to the Home Screen and take a hike!

0 Kudos
Lane03
Roku Guru

New Year Central is back on my home screen as well today even though I went into settings two days ago and hid it...

Emissary35
Roku Guru

@Lane03 Roku clearly does not care if we choose to hide the junk they keep adding to the home screen. They are undoing our setting change and putting it back. This is a violation of our right to control our purchased devices. I'm really sick of Roku and their annoying arrogant behavior.

0 Kudos