Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Shudder channel stopped functioning properly

@Necronar

Thanks for your reply.

I have forwarded your details to the appropriate Roku team investigating this issue. Once we got an update, we'll post it in this thread immediately.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

1. 3900X ROKU EXPRESS  YG007M2999503 11.5.0 BUILD 5236-51

2. SHUDDER VERSION 5.12 BUILD 220630

3. TRACKER ID 03-428-955

4. OPEN SHUDDER AND GO TO COLLECTIONS,  MOVIES, OR SERIES and all you get is the word "Loading"  also cannot add anything to mylist

Have exact same issue on FIVE other Roku devices an Ultra, a Premier, and 3 other Expresses. Have better things to do than list each out. OBVIOUSLY this is not a unique problem 6 out of 6 devices, same issue!! How hard can it be for your team to duplicate. If they can't, you need a better team

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Foddaddy

Thanks for providing us with your details.

I have forwarded your information to our team. As previously mentioned above, we'll let the Community know whenever we have an update. 

We do apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

Works now. Roku software version 11.5.0 auto reloaded to build 4235 and Shudder now works normally on all devices

0 Kudos
Necronar
Reel Rookie

I can confirm that it is working now.

0 Kudos
kageryu42
Reel Rookie

I'm on build 4235 of Roku.  All of the tabs in Shudder are working now, except for Setting->Manage My List.  This one still goes into the forever "Loading..." screen.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

Just FYI for those not on Twitter, there is a post there from Shudder regarding this situation:

https://twitter.com/Shudder/status/1583507170632421376?cxt=HHwWgMCizbjY3_krAAAA

Also on twitter, the head of Shudder, Craig Engler, confirmed that this is definitely a known issue caused by the big Roku update, and that the Shudder team is working with Roku on a fix which is expected to happen next week. No idea whether that will come in the form of a Shudder app update, a Roku update, or both. (Hopefully both, since the Roku update definitely made more than just my Shudder app wonky, ugh.)

I personally am not going to submit any more info about my system and whatnot and just wait for the fix. Roku is already aware, Shudder is aware, and it’s being worked on. I know it’s annoying and the worst timing, but it is what it is.

Anyway, hope that info is useful to somebody.

Oh, and also, you can still watch movies on Shudder - just do a search within the app and it should come up and play. If you need to refer to “My List” first, you should be able to do so from a computer or tablet directly on the Shudder website.

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

FWIW, the missing sections of my Shudder app are working again also after yesterday’s Roku update, EXCEPT My List is still missing, Continue Watching is still missing, and Settings —> Manage My List still doesn’t load. An improvement, at least! 🎃

Foddaddy
Binge Watcher

You are right. I got so excited that the missing categories were back, didn't check my list or continue functions. Still not working as yiubstated

0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

@Foddaddy wrote:

Works now. Roku software version 11.5.0 auto reloaded to build 4235 and Shudder now works normally on all devices

Not quite. While it is indeed nice to have Movies, Series, and Collections back, "My List", "Continue Watching", and the ability to resume are still not available.