Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gelonlewis1
Reel Rookie

Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

How do I get my missing channels 

28 REPLIES 28
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over The Air Channels (network tv) Disappeared

Hi @gelonlewis1,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you regarding your concern about missing channels on your Roku TV/devices.

Just to clarify, do you have an antenna connected to your TV? If not, here's how you can access "over-the-air" broadcast television:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the back of your Roku TV
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Let us know how it goes, and we'd be more than willing to assist you further with this.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LewMathews

the input no longer has the "antennae" selection displayed as an option.

Both of our ROKU tv's changed today and all we get are internet channels.

How do we get it back to show the OTA that was there yesterday?

Was there an automatic update that changed it?

LewMathews

Streaming works, but no OTA

followed the instructions, when getting to select antenna input, it is not there,

Williamt100
Roku Guru

After the recent 'update' to the Live TV app (panel, channel, whatever...), I also lost all of my over-the-air channels on my Roku TV.

Here is what I did to get them back YMMV:

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

I haven't found a way to have both the Antenna Channels and Streaming Channels cooperate. since the Live TV app was updated.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
mathdj

Experiencing the same as others on this thread.  I've done the recommended steps everyone has suggested.  After scanning for channels I see some of my local OTA stations but not all.  Other TV's in house (not Roku) get all local stations.  Roku not getting all of them.  Following this thread to see what gets shared.

0 Kudos
JC55
Binge Watcher

Same happened on my Hisense. My other TVs are still showing list of both Antenna and Streaming channels but I am sure when I turn off and on again it will be the same.

I lost all of my antenna channels on my hisense 55R6 tv leaving all streaming channels. I did trouble shoot and checked the "hide streaming" channels, then antenna channels came back. I like having both Antenna and streaming channels visible on my channels list but this works. I know I can view the other channels by going to the Roku app.

0 Kudos
TimothyJT1656
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issues too. I'm trying a factory reset and if that doesn't work I'm junking my tv.

Mzbehavn
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. I did a chat with a Roku support rep an hour ago (8/17/23 6:30pm PST) and they are having problems with the activation website & live tv channels. By end of chat the website was up but slow and they didn’t have an update on when the missing channel issue will be resolved.  I know this doesn’t fix it but at least you know it’s them & not your tv. 

svsulab
Channel Surfer

After the software update version 12.0.0 build 4182-61

about 8 overt the air (OTA) channels disappeared, I found if I disconnect from the internet they reappear, then if I reconnect the roku tv to the internet they disappear again, why is this a feature?  Please revert back and stop removing channels that when I scan antenna OTA, any one here know of a good external tuner?