Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Pluto is kicking us out and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @jfields57

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Pluto TV or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Pluto TV and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi @45six @ejmorgan55

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback on Pluto TV.

It looks like there may have been a service interruption yesterday that seems to be resolved now. We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue with playing content on Pluto TV at this time.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we'll be happy to assist you further if you are still experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tyg
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

It started after I had to do a factory reset over an issue that turned out to be my 12 yr old Visio tv. (I replaced the TV yesterday and have not plugged in the Roku to our new one yet.) After the reset I deleted, unplugged, and reinstalled the PlutoTV channel multiple times. It opens with the PlutoTV logo or black screen for 2-5 seconds and crashes back to the Roku home screen. There's no warning or error message and other channels seem to work. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

Hi @JKCH @ejmorgan55 @bobber @Tyg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the playback issue you are experiencing with Pluto TV.

Please be aware that the Pluto TV channel had a service interruption yesterday that impacted all streaming devices and we believe the issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if you are experiencing an issue and please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
njgirl54
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working - New TV

Jump to solution

I have the same issue and I've uninstalled, reinstalled and it still will not launch.  I have Roku Ultra.  I've used both ethernet and wifi connections, neither will work.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@theMezz-

In the remove/restart/reinstall procedure, HOW did you restart the RokuTV?

If you have "Fast start" enabled in your TV, as most of us do, turning the tv off/on just puts it in/out of a low power standby mode and doesn't give you a full memory-clearing restart.

When restarting, use menu path Settings > System > Power > System restart, or even unplug the tv's power for a short while and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @theMezz @njgirl54,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you letting us know about the playback issue you are experiencing with Pluto TV.

Please be aware that the Pluto TV channel had a service interruption that impacted all streaming devices and we believe the issue is now resolved.

We would recommend checking to see if you are experiencing an issue and please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
njgirl54
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Mary -

I've in addition to uninstall/reinstall, I've unplugged the TV and the Roku Ultra for 5 minutes.  Pluto is still not launching.  I can launch on my Roku located in another room, but not this one.  It did work prior to last evening.

0 Kudos
bobber
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

All devices still not able to play Pluto TV.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding channel playback issues with Pluto TV.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Pluto TV channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to Pluto TV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos