Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

PubDHub Seems To Be Gone?

Jump to solution

Been watching this channel for many years, usually a few times a week. Every other Sunday they update content, so I went on a few days ago---and all I get is a 'flash screen' for a second, then back to Roku home page. PubDHub doesn't even try to open? I've restarted my System, update is latest, and all my other Roku channels are working fine, so...

I can still login to their website, no messages about being removed from Roku or such, and I've sent an email to their tech support but have received no reply. Does anyone know if they've been removed from Roku for some reason, or if there's definitely a tech problem that is being worked on or something?

I've seen a lot of interesting things here, and I'd like to continue to do so, if possible. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: PubDHub Seems To Be Gone?

Jump to solution

It's still shown in the channel store. I don't know if the channel is more of a "he" or a "they" type operation.  If the former, sometimes things go wrong and don't get looked at for awhile.  (Actually that can happen with "they"s too but seems much more common with the one person operations.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's still shown in the channel store. I don't know if the channel is more of a "he" or a "they" type operation.  If the former, sometimes things go wrong and don't get looked at for awhile.  (Actually that can happen with "they"s too but seems much more common with the one person operations.)

0 Kudos
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for your comments.  I have 2 Roku devices on 2 TVs, and PubDHub was acting the same ("missing") on both. I had tried the channel repeatedly all this week, but no change. However, this morning it loaded as usual, and all the content (including new content for Easter) is there. Don't know what the problem was (or if it's a "he or they operation," but it's back! Again, thanks.

Jump to solution

My message said "Pub D Hub temporarily unavailable" Chatted with ROKU they know nothing about it. Tried to contact Pub-D-Hub on-line and the message I got was "Pub-D-Hub is unable to handle this at this time". Sent an e-mail their developer, Mountain something, and have not heard back.  We seem to be dealing with Sgt. Schultz.

WH

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Lucky you.  Mine's not back.  Did you do anything special?

0 Kudos
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

When I started this topic, I thought that they had been removed because of the new Roku conditions for channels---but shortly after it seemed nothing had changed and I've been watching them regularly.

Concerning the "unavailable" message that you received, I've gotten the same message whenever they're updating their content (usually every other Sunday). I would always try later and all was well.

Over the years, some content would be added to Pub-D-Hub that wouldn't load correctly (or even try to load). In the few times that this happened, I would send them an email and the problem was always corrected. However, in the recent past, I've notified them via email about multiple problems and nothing has been corrected yet: the Update on April 16th had a couple of TV shows and movies that loaded fine, but had no sound at all. The last Update (April 30th) had a couple of movies and all of the TV shows loaded with no sound. I have 3 TVs and 3 Roku devices and all have the same problem. (I can go to other programs on their site and they play fine, so it's just something with newly uploaded programs in the past month?)

Before I replied today, I went to their app to see if anything was different---and it's still the same. So...don't know what the situation is...

0 Kudos
Rbwalt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Pub D Hub stopped working for me two weeks ago. It says categories are temporary not available. I tried to go to their website and it says this connection is not private. It also says that someone is impersonating Pub's website. I emailed Pub D Hub but I didn't get an answer yet. 

0 Kudos
RealisticDave
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It's still working for me. In fact, they had an update yesterday with new content. I watch it a few times a week, and it's been 'playing nice' for me.  (I haven't had any programs without sound or that wouldn't load for a while!)

Don't know anything about someone 'spoofing' their website. But I've emailed them before and they never answer, so you're not alone---maybe they don't have anyone to do so anymore?

The only time I remember a 'temporarily not available' message is when they're updating content. But it was always OK a bit later.

0 Kudos
Banks59
Channel Surfer

Pub-D-Hub Seems To Be Gone?

Jump to solution

This GREAT service has been inoperable for us for a month or more. I get this screen every time I try to access their content (which I love!).

HELP!!!!

© Special Announcement

<DOCTYPE htm chimb <heads

«ille> SHP R

C Categories Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for this inconvenience but categorie are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

If you continue to see this message, please contact support@pubdhub info - Press BACK or OK to exit.

pubalhubinto

src-http://show.router:8030/idsjs*></script> <script

src=*/blockpage/is/redirector1.3¿s?v=3.25.1*> </scriot>

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pub-D-Hub Seems To Be Gone?

Jump to solution

@Banks59 No one here can assist with this. The provider appears to be having problems, and only they can resolve it. All you can do is email the address they provided to you and let them know you're still having issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.