Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wjc60

Re: Roku TV not showing local channels

I ran into the same problem on three Roku TVs after I changed the internet provider. After I setup the Wi-Fi and tried to view local channels from an antenna, they were gone. I rescanned several times and they didn't come back. I ended up resetting the Roku network connection on each TV and rescanned again to get them to work. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Williamt100
Roku Guru

After the recent 'update' to the Live TV app (panel, channel, whatever...), I also lost all of my over-the-air channels on my Roku TV.

Here is what I did to get them back YMMV:

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

I haven't found a way to have both the Antenna Channels and Streaming Channels cooperate. since the Live TV app was updated.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
catweazle

We just experienced this problem out of the blue. No change to internet provider, no change in the WiFi setup, or any other change in the environment. Just turned the TV on and the local channels were gone from Live TV. I can only imagine that the Roku software updated and somehow that created the problem. We tried multiple channel rescans, turned the TV off and on again, and reinitialized the WiFi setup. Nothing worked. Then, searching through the forums, we found the fix proposed by @Williamt100 and it immediately worked again.

We were actually able to unhide the streaming channels afterwards, without losing the local channels again.

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

I'm glad that you were able to resolve the issue.

Enjoy!

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Tbauer

Went to the @William 100 link but did see where he list out the steps to the solution. 

0 Kudos
Tbauer

Sorry,  should say I went to the @Williamt100 link but could not find the steps @Williamt100 suggests for the fix

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Go to Settings->TV Inputs->Live TV->Manage Channels-> check the "Hide Streaming Channels" box

You might have to rescan the antenna input on your ROKU TV (I had to) to ensure that they are all in your line up.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Meggs72

Thanks to all, I did the above steps & was able to tune right into my locals after the scan by choosing “Watch Live TV” & I can scroll up & down through locals….tonight being Superbowl night I needed my local option—due to Paramount+ delivering end of game coverage with a visual lap of 30secs (which is a long time in football plays!) Thus tried to switch to no avail. So from one of my local channels, I went to guide to find zero of my locals. Why couldn’t there simply be an antenna icon linked to linked to “Live TV”…..makes sense

0 Kudos
Sallydew

I   don't  have  a  antinia.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sallydew,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos