Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misterandre
Reel Rookie

Reset Disney Plus App - Help Needed

Jump to solution

My mother in law has Disney Plus on her Roku TV. It's signed into an account that she doesn't recognize. She tried to uninstall and re-install it but the account information was still there. She tried to sign out and it said Enter Password To Log Out, which she obviously can't do. How can the app be reset?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Reset Disney Plus App - Help Needed

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @misterandre!

Thank you for keeping us posted. We appreciate the additional information you provided.

It verifies that the account associated with your Disney Plus account is different. We highly recommend reaching out to the channel partner directly for assistance. Please be advised that the channel provider handles authentication issues for their respective channels. 

You can contact the channel team here: Disney+ Help Center

We hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Could her TV be linked to someone else's Roku account?  Check the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  Is it hers?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
misterandre
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to Settings > About and it has her email address. The email address on Disney Plus was one she had never seen before and nobody in her family has it.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @misterandre!

Thank you for keeping us posted. We appreciate the additional information you provided.

It verifies that the account associated with your Disney Plus account is different. We highly recommend reaching out to the channel partner directly for assistance. Please be advised that the channel provider handles authentication issues for their respective channels. 

You can contact the channel team here: Disney+ Help Center

We hope this information helps.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
misterandre
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to the Disney Plus help center and they were able to remove the fake account from the sign-in. It took about two days to be completely removed. After the two days, I had to choose one of the fake account's avatars and go into Settings, and then choose the Log Out option. After that, the regular sign-in screen came up.

0 Kudos