Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

Roku Media Player no longer finds media

I have noticed this happens every time there is a windows update. It's so frustrating. I have a lot of TV show files I watch via Roku Media player and sometimes it is weeks before I can get it to work again.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player no longer finds media

Hi @Dolllovindude,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues with Roku Media Player. We want to collaborate with you to determine what went wrong. Please tell us more details so that we can better understand the problem you are having.

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes while trying to play content?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently running? (Check on Settings > Systems > About)
  • Have you tried removing the app, restarting your system, and adding the app again?

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you,

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

I have actually contacted and spoken with someone at Roku, and they went through all kinds of trouble shooting steps with me. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app, they tried all kinda of things. They then escalated it and I have never heard anything back, this was months ago now, so Roku apparently has no intention of getting back to me to resolve the problem. It is very frustrating. When I go to my media folders and try to go to a video, it says there is no compatible media in that folder, even though all my video's are M4A files and work just fine 90% of the time. They there will be a window's update and poof it doesn't work again. No settings have been changed. It says sharing is enabled

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Dolllovindude

We appreciate you for keeping us posted.

Thank you for sharing the information with us. We're sorry for the difficulties you are facing and would like to extend our assistance to help you resolve the issue.

To ensure prompt and effective support, we will forward your concern to the Roku team responsible for addressing such matters. We kindly request you provide additional information regarding the issue to expedite the resolution process. This will enable us to investigate the matter more thoroughly and address the issue in this matter. Please provide the information below: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

After gathering the necessary information, we will send it to the Roku team that specializes in investigating such matters. They will conduct a thorough analysis of the details you have provided and proceed to take the necessary action to resolve the issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

JVC LT-55MAW595 model G826X ROKU TV

SERIAL #X01200L8SLG5

SOFTWARE 12.5.5 BUILD 4174-DA

The issue is with Ruku Media Player Version 5.5 build 13

GC VERSION 10.8.31

ISSUE ID G5-098-769

I don't know what I would be taking a picture of.

If simply says "No compatible media found" when I try to access folders containing my video files. They are compatible I have watched them before and any new files I have added since the latest issue with this occurred can be viewed, just not the prior ones. My files are all MP4 files which are compatible files.

0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

By the way I was told the same thing when I contacted Roku about this issue two months ago and there has been no change and nobody has ever gotten back to me about it. Not very good customer service shown there.

0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

I sent the requested information 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing back, not even acknowledgement that they received it. This is getting frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Dolllovindude

We have taken note of the information you've provided with us, and we appreciate you for providing it. We'd like to confirm one more information that we can provide to the appropriate Roku team as an update regarding this issue. May we know if you're using a USB or a DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) to access your files on the Roku Media Player?

In the meantime, we recommend visiting this support article that provides in-depth information regarding Roku Media Player to play your videos, music and photos

We hope to hear back from your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dolllovindude
Binge Watcher

My files are on an external hard drive attached to my computer that is sharing the files with devices in my home network.  I don't know if that is considered a DLNA because I have never heard of that before. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the response, @Dolllovindude 

Kindly be advised that we have forwarded the issue you have brought to our attention to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll provide further updates regarding the issue once we hear back from the team. 

We hope for your patience and understanding as we work on this.

If there's anything we can assist you with aside from this, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos