Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruoku won't connect only on Saturdays

For the last 3 Saturdays my roku has not worked properly.  Apps won't load or take a long time and then don't work well.  Every other day it works fine.  I only have problems on Saturdays.  It's not my internet because I have no issues streaming to other devices.  I also reset the Roku the 1st time it gave me issues.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Ruoku won't connect only on Saturdays

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @WITeacherLady!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention about the channel playback issues you've experienced only on Saturdays. No worries! We'd be more than happy to look closely into this matter and find you the best resolution possible.

To assess your concern better, we'd like to gather more information from you:

• Do all of the available apps on your channel lineup affected by this? If not, kindly specify the affected apps.
  • Are you able to open an app or it doesn't load at all? If you can indeed open an app, are there any error messages prompted? If so, kindly provide us with a photo of it for reference.
  • Have you tried to check for software updates under Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. If so, kindly provide us with your current OS version
  • Did you make any changes to your network connections? 

We'll be anticipating your response so we can better understand your concern and provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regard,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Ruoku won't connect only on Saturdays

@WITeacherLadyConnectivity issues tend to be associated with WiFi congestion so my suggestion is use an phone app like WiFi Analyzer for Android, or something similar for IOS. Once installed you can see how many others are using the same channel allowing you to switch to one that's less congested. It's also important to note which WiFi band the Roku is logging into; 2.4 gHz is slower but has better range; 5 gHz is faster and choosing a lower numbered channel tends to be best. You'll need to log into the router/gateway to make the change so if you're unfamiliar with how, get help. Hope that helps resolve the problem

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos