Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PurpleSurfer1
Binge Watcher

Same old YES Network App Linking Problem

Ever since I purchased my first Roku Device in 2018, the YES App has been a never-ending problem.  I cannot launch the app on my Roku Devices. We pay for the YES Network with our DirecTV satellite provider and we have never been able to watch the YES Network on our Roku devices.   Has anyone found a solution?  All I ever get is a "circle-jerk response" from all parties: DirecTV, Roku and the Yes Network App.  

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Same old YES Network App Linking Problem

@PurpleSurfer1-

Since your subscription is through Directv..

• Go into the YES app on your Roku.
  • Click on LOG IN WITH TV PROVIDER.
  • Follow the prompts to log into the site it indicates with your DIRECTV login credentials.

You should only need to do this once, but you may need to redo this occasionally, especially if your subscription is month-by-month.  YES may need to be reassured that your subscription through DIRECTV is still in force.

Added later:

If you are already logged in but unable to view content:  Try logging back out of the app, then logging back in again with your YES credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Jul89

My father subscribed to YES through Roku in February and has been watching until a few days ago, he got booted off and when I try to sign into YES the Roku account, an error message says that the user or password is not correct, which I KNOW they are. He has Spectrum internet. Is there any other way to get YES? (Through Hulu, or Disney etc?) Or does anyone know what the problem could be? I contacted Roku and YES, not much help there. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jul89, are you certain that he subscribed through Roku?  Does the subscription show up under his account at https://my.roku.com?  If you subscribe to something through Roku, you never have to enter any credentials on a Roku device - the subscription is tied to the account.  If you're trying to enter his Roku credentials on his Roku device, that will never work.  YES has no access to his Roku credentials.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PurpleSurfer1
Binge Watcher

Thank for replying, but that is the problem! I follow the instructions and between Roku, DirecTV and YES they never complete the digital handshake!  

0 Kudos
Radar286

I have the same problem won’t connect on Roku through provider but will trough provider on all other devices phone lap top iPad etc with no problem I’ve tried everything everyone has said but doesn’t work. If there is ever a solution with let us know thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @Radar286!

Thank you for reaching out to us in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing difficulties using the YES channel, and we are here to help you. Could you please let us know if you encountered any error code while using the channel?

We highly recommend removing the channel and adding it again, followed by a system restart. 

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Highlight the channel on your Roku home screen > Press the star * button on your remote  > Select 'Remove.'
  • After removing the channel, go to 'Settings' on your Roku device. Select 'System,' then choose 'Restart' to perform a system restart.

For additional assistance with channel playback issues, please visit our support website. How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with the channel directly for further assistance. You can contact them here: YES Help Center.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PurpleSurfer1
Binge Watcher

Thank you for your feedback and recommendations.  There is no solution! I tried everything as per instructed as a solution. Nothing works!  I had played the "Monkey-in-the-Middle" between Roku Help, YES Help and DirecTV Help - nothing produces a solution! I do not receive any errors! As previously stated this problem has existed for nearly five-(5) years!  Heck as it is I cannot watch the Yankees games much even with my paid subscription on our DirecTV because of "MLB Black-out BS Rules"!  Even games that have already been played I cannot watch them because they also get "Blacked-Out"!  Roku points the blame on Yes ------- > Yes points the blame on DirecTV --------> DirecTV points the blame on MLB  ------>  MLB gives the fan the middle finger!

0 Kudos
PurpleSurfer1
Binge Watcher

Thank you for your feedback.  I never receive a error when I enter the verification CODE!  I did everything that was recommended to me as a solution.  

Besides the obvious that Roku requires a internet connection, I am beginning to think that the YES APP on my Roku Stick is a different platform [or delivery system] than the YES Network Channel that we pay for on our DirecTV Satellite.  I was fortunate to catch the NY Yankees first 08 games of the MLB 2024 season on each of our four-(4) television sets that are connected to the DirecTV mini-genie and the three-(3) mini-genie clients.  I remember hearing Michael Kay say on his radio-talk show, if you have the YES APP you will get the Yankee Games! I am not paying anymore money after paying a lot of money for years for services [MLB, MLB-Xtra, Sports Pack and Yes] only to be denied the enjoyment of watching Yankee baseball games!   

Our Home Entertainment and Remote Control's Television-(HERC-TV) includes:

Internet Service Provider is CenturyLink DSL 

Satellite Provider is DirecTV which became ATT-DirecTV.  During this time period: AT&T required customers to pay for their DirecTV Stream APP [which was a re-badged AT&T U-Verse that failed miserably: I read on either DSL Reports or Solid Signal that in 2021 AT&T spun off DirecTV as it's own company. Then a few years later in 2023 AT&T partnered with Black Rock in a Joint Venture, AT&T Fiber Begins Serving End-user Customers Through Gigapower's Commercial Wholesale Open Access Platform. This past January to February 2024 a multitude of subcontractors based in Jacksonville, Florida and Miami, Florida dug up our whole neighborhood and buried ATT fiber optic cable: in the next couple of months we expect Live Oak Fiber and their own multitude of subcontractors will dig up our whole neighborhood and bury Live Oak fiber optic cable. 

0 Kudos