Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phantoms
Binge Watcher

Sling TV Channel Regression

The last Sling TV update made a change that is actually a regression on the Roku.

I use to be able when watching a Sling Channel to be able to push down on the Roku Remote and see recent channels, details, etc.

I also use to be able when watching a Sling Channel to push up on the Roku remote and then browse the guide while the channel continued to play in a small window.

Lastly, if I wanted to browse the guide without the current channel playing in a small window I could press back to go back to the guide.

The last Sling update changed this and now the ability to continue to watch a channel while browsing the guide is either always on or always off (depending on how you set it in Sling Settings).

No longer do you have the choice to either browse the guide while continuing to watch your current channel (use to be up on remote) or browse it without (use to be back).  You have to go into sling settings and then the feature is either always on no matter what or always off no matter what. The up and down button on the remote now both do the exact same thing. This is a regression of features on the sling channel.

I know Sling will do what they do and this post will have no effect, but just wanted to rant a little that I miss the ability to not continue watching by pushing back, continue watching by pushing up and see recent channels by pushing down.

0 Kudos