Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Binge Watcher

TWIT TV Roku Channel : No Content

As of Jan 7th 2024, I see that the TWIT TV channel on Roku has no content.  The channel opens to a TWIT background screen, but nothing more. No episodes .  No subcategories. Just a background image. Has TWIT left Roku ?  I see content on YouTube and the channel is still in the Roku library of channels.  What is going on?  Has Leo left the building?

11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TWIT TV Roku Channel : No Content

I see the same thing.  You might want to try contacting them:

https://twit.tv/about/contact

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
deag
Channel Surfer

Yes.    Dead for me two.     I note that the App is now at Version 2 build 0.

I have sent feedback via the channel review.      That said, if they don't plan to populate the content, then they really should remove the App from the store.

0 Kudos
rwhewitt
Binge Watcher

I think Leo is thinking about retiring soon.  He discussed the possibility recently on Ask The Tech Guys podcast.  Several TWIT podcasts are going behind a paywall.  Few sponsors now.  It has been several weeks now without a functioning channel.  This might be the beginning of the end.

0 Kudos
deag
Channel Surfer

yeah, I will miss them if they go.    long time listener, over a decade.     

that is the problem with a single central driving figure... he needs a succession plan, but I don't really see any candidates.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rwhewitt @deag,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry regarding the TWIT channel. Please note that a channel may no longer be accessible on the Roku platform if you are unable to discover it in the Streaming Store. The channel publisher is in charge of developing and managing the channel.

For more information, we advise you to get in touch with the channel publisher directly to ask for assistance and request that they update their channel on the Roku platform.

You may also refer to this link and read about Why is an app no longer available on my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deag
Channel Surfer

Hi Chel,

thanks for the reply.    the channel is indeed discoverable on the Roku store still…but there is no content upon launch. 

regards

Deag

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @deag,

Thanks for the post,

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID) 
  • If possible, video and/or pictures of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deag
Channel Surfer

No worries…the Twit channel is freely available on the channel store..if it works for you (?) then I am happy to accept that the problem is my end,

Kind regards

Deag

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @deag,

Thanks for the post,

We're glad you reached out about this, as we must get it fixed for you.

Please provide us with that information. Once we have that information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos