Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LouF
Channel Surfer

The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

On my Samsung QN90AA-50 using the Roku app, none of the on-demand content can be viewed. It shows the Spinning Circle of Serenity until it finally times out.

Most of the live streaming channels show a black screen with the program information and the transport bar (no sound either). Every now and then a commercial will show and then back to the black screen. A few streaming channels like This Old House Classic still work, but not the current This Old House channel or the Dateline channel.

I have deleted and re-installed the app twice with no change. Other streaming apps work fine (SamsungTV and Amazon).

The app worked fine a month or two ago when I last used it.

IMG_0693.pngIMG_0691.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
51 REPLIES 51
Kardav

Re: The Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable on Samsung TV

Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable for over a week with reboot/unplug modem/TV + auto power turned off.

Plex works fine. 

Samsung TV

0 Kudos
Kardav

'Roku Channel is temporarily unavailable for over a week with reboot/unplug modem/TV + auto power turned off. 

Continuous service unavailable but Plex works fine. 

Samsung TV

0 Kudos
BigTom
Channel Surfer

Me too.  Samsung Smart TV  model UN70KU6300 from 2016.  The Roku channel had worked fine for years but the Roku channel for the last week or so now says not available try again in a few minutes.  Rebooted the TV, reset the TV nothing worked.  YouTube, Hulu, etc works fine just a Roku problem. 

My guess is the Tizenn browser is version 1.2 etc with no updates available.  Some Google query said Tizenn versions 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 are needed for the Roku channel to work.

0 Kudos
Kardav

Our model is UN32J5500. 2017.

I didn't find any updates available per Samsung. TV says no new updates. Looks like it's the latest.  

Just totally dead in the water with Roku. 

I'm too cheap to buy a new TV just because Roku stopped working.  Way too many DVDs to go through as well as Plex before I'm that hard up. 🤣

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I have a Samsung TV, but I've never tried its apps, but problems with The Roku Channel on Roku devices can be caused by using a VPN or ad/content blocker.  Not being in a supported region can also be a problem.  Do any of those apply?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
LouF
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply.

No VPN in use or content blocking on that connection at all. I can use the same connection with a desktop computer and the Roku web app works OK.

This is from a USA location.

Also, I forgot to mention I have tried both logged in with my account and not logged in at all to make sure it wasn't some sort of account problem.

0 Kudos
hasse

WoW!

I have now tried all listed email addresses with no result!!! Do they exist???

( FYI, these are the listed email addresses that don't exist????: <support.roku.com>   <go.roku.com/express><roku.com/activationhelp>myroku.com support.roku.com 

This is my message:

This weekend we experienced an hours long power outage. Once power was restored we wanted to watch TV!
Unfortunately, this became a nightmare!

The TV, a smart SAMSUNG 65inch operated but would take no commands from the ROKU remote, only from the SAMSUNG  remote.

Resetting the ROKU player has generated no result. I am able to get the ROKU front page up as well as the fishtank. 

But, the ROKU channel display will not accept any commands from neither the ROKU nor the SAMSUNG remote. It's frozen! I just see, still, the ROKU first page with all the channel/programs. The fish in the fish tank are moving!
What's happened?  I don't have a clue!!

Could you PLEASE take me through the steps needed to bring our TV back to where it was before the power outage. Thanks!

:

0 Kudos
renojim

@LouF, the only other thing I could suggest to try is to reboot all of your network equipment - gateway/modem/router.  I would also reboot/restart the TV since that's a common "fix" for Roku devices.  I don't know if the TV's have a "restart" option, so if not, just unplug the power for several seconds.  Don't simply turn it off and on.  After that, I'm out of ideas.

0 Kudos
renojim

@hasse, you have a completely different problem.  I'd suggest you start a new topic.  By the way, https://support.roku.com definitely exists, but most people don't find it to be very useful.

0 Kudos