Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjonesphx
Reel Rookie

What happened to the Yahoo Finance Live channel 171

This morning, Channel 171 - Yahoo! Finance Live was missing from the channel line up?

Can someone please tell me where it went or why it suddenly disappeared?

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
mossyoaks

Re: What happened to the Yahoo Finance Live channel 171

I, and I'm sure, many other people have the same question. Several times I've researched the issue and have yet to find an answer. A solution, abet, a temporary one, is to add "Haystack" to your channel lineup. I discovered that option this morning. I fail to understand why ROKU makes changes without broadcasting a notice to people that use their service. A good example is the loss of "channel number" a while back -- which has not been restored but were missing for a week or better. Come on ROKU how about thinking ahead and if something is beyond your control, at least broadcast a notice of what is taking place. Is that asking too?

Monte87
Reel Rookie

Maybe we should ALL ask Support what happened to the channel... 🙂

rjonesphx
Reel Rookie

Thank you for confirming I have not completely lost my mind and Alexa was not malfunctioning when the shopping station launched.

I just added the Haystack Channel and you are spot on, Yahoo Finance is there!  

Also, I appreciate your contribution to my suggestion and frustration!

it DISAPPEARED !  WHY ?

I hope Roku restores it

It is ridiculous that it is SUDDENLY gone......ROKU, please put it back on !

Monte87
Reel Rookie

Seems like this is something that happens on Roku often - channels just suddenly disappear from LiveTV without warning...

I am now watching Yahoo Finance Live on Haystack like @rjonesphx mentioned...