Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottjb63
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

The rename trick did not work for me perhaps I didn’t wait long enough for a new guide to load, however the 00000 zip trick to clear the cache did work. Thanks much. 

miscmood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked!

The menu is now showing the correct channel information and the duplicate channels are gone.

“I have been in contact with Roku TV support, they have been trying to resolve the firmware issue, I got sick of waiting, here is what worked for me to correct issue, you must follow each step exactly.  I did this on three of my TCL Roku TV panels from various years and all are once again showing the correct guide information.

1) Go to your Live TV (Antenna TV) app and open it, check to verify guide is still showing incorrect channel information.  ((in my case most the channels would show one of the sub-channels info ( .2 .3 .4 ), think it was 13.3 data and logo was shown for 13.1 Fox main channel)).

2) Exit out of the app, go to Settings>Software Update, verify it is on current one, at this time it on 11.0.0 build 4193.

3) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again.

4) Go to Settings>Zip Code  change the zip code to 00000 (all zeros) and hit 'ok'

5) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again, it should still show incorrect info at this time.

6) Then Settings>Power>System Restart

7) Once it completes, once again go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app and check the guide, it should now show 'no information' or something similiar.

😎 Go to Settings>Zip Code  and this time put it back to your original Zip code. (I did the system restart here)

9) Go back to the Live TV app and it should now be correct once again.”

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello I think you got it that 00000 zip code helps.

I've yet to use it though.

I tried to this and it worked for the day. Go to home, settings, TV inputs, I then selected antenna tv.

Roku switched it with latest update to show, live tv. Just switch it to antenna.and go to it. Go right to be able to select hide streaming channels.

I selected it and went left till I got back home. Then I went past my antenna to another app, waited then went to antenna tv box and waited for picture and sound to start playing, then I selected it and Bingo it worked. At least for the day. The next day it was back to No Information.

So I tried it again to no avail.:;!?? 

But 

But I forgot to change my zip code back and I did just that now and went right to restart and Bingo it works again for now. Still waiting for tomorrow. Lol

Note I usually set my sleep timer on and put on streaming news under the antenna selection.

I will try it without the streaming channels and see if that gets information back up.

Im not a Roku employee.

I just agreed to thier terms like everyone else.

We are all working for them by providing our

"In Kind Services"  by providing our trouble shooting skills. They should offer rewards for good fixes that work for "in kind" employees.

That we are all.

Idk I hope Mary or Danny can figure this out.

Keep inputting your information you Roku users and it will be solved quicker. Thanks and

Anyways peace out.

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ZonexeroTHANKS!!!

I used these instructions to blow the guide cache and it does appear to have worked. Although I did have to run an additional system restart after restoring my local zip code in order for the OTA guide to populate properly.  After the initial zeroing out, I noticed I had no Favorites selected, but after the restoration of zip code and final restart, the Favorites I'd already set up were immediately available, so at least the non-volatile selections were preserved.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
Homer8000

Jump to solution

00000 Zip Code Worked! Just do a restart after step 8.

0 Kudos
ATXuser

Re: Program guide is wrong and is listing repeated programs on the channel.

Jump to solution

I have 5 TCL Roku TVs.  All 5 immediately displayed the corrupted Channel Guide for OTA channels as soon as the 11.0.0 update was pushed out.

I've tried all of the suggested solutions... System Update, Restart, Change Zip Code, Rescan channels, etc.  Nothing is working.  Roku has a history of pushing out bad system updates, however in the past, they have rolled the version level back to the previous version when customer complaints showed a trend.  Roku needs to deal with this mess by rolling back to the prior System version until they can get the corrupt channel guide issue resolved.  They are damaging their brand with every day that they delay moving away from the 11.0.0 version.

Stewarts45

Jump to solution

I have the same problem just started about 3 weeks ago done everything including master reset nothing works I have several channels that guide is wrong what's on channel is right but guide says a different program . 

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

00000 solution worked for me here. Now, will it stick?

Meeee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This worked for me (the 00000 zip code trick) but let's see how long it lasts ... 

@Zonexero wrote:

I have been in contact with Roku TV support, they have been trying to resolve the firmware issue, I got sick of waiting, here is what worked for me to correct issue, you must follow each step exactly.  I did this on three of my TCL Roku TV panels from various years and all are once again showing the correct guide information.

1) Go to your Live TV (Antenna TV) app and open it, check to verify guide is still showing incorrect channel information.  ((in my case most the channels would show one of the sub-channels info ( .2 .3 .4 ), think it was 13.3 data and logo was shown for 13.1 Fox main channel)).

2) Exit out of the app, go to Settings>Software Update, verify it is on current one, at this time it on 11.0.0 build 4193.

3) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again.

4) Go to Settings>Zip Code  change the zip code to 00000 (all zeros) and hit 'ok'

5) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again, it should still show incorrect info at this time.

6) Then Settings>Power>System Restart

7) Once it completes, once again go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app and check the guide, it should now show 'no information' or something similiar.

😎 Go to Settings>Zip Code  and this time put it back to your original Zip code.

9) Go back to the Live TV app and it should now be correct once again.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just remember to follow my instructions EXACTLY, when I tried it on my 3rd Roku TCL TV, I missed one of my own steps and it did not work, Went back and did it again following it more closely, and it is fixed now, but echo someone else said "will it stick?", I would think so, but if you re-scan your antenna channels, the same problem may happen again...,and also echo what someone else mentioned, I don't work for them, but a little gift from Roku for figuring the temp fix would be a nice gesture!  My TCL Roku TVs date from 2014 up to 2019, think that proves some kind of dedication through some of these issues over the years.