Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CEG
Roku Guru

No Dolby Digital Output From ONN TV

My Toshiba FireTV Edition TV developed an issue and I moved my ONN brand RokuTV to its place in my living room. I had no issues getting DD audio over Optical out with the fireTV. Now, with the same setup I am not getting DD audio from the RokuTV. In my experience over the years DD audio was often an issue with Roku devices. I have a Shield, a Roku Premiere+, and a fireTV Cube connected to the ONN TV. None of them are getting DD audio, just Prologic analog. Wonder why?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Dolby Digital Output From ONN TV

How's everything? @CEG 

Thank you for reaching out to us that you are having an issue with no Dolby Digital output from your Onn TV. We'll do our best to get your issue resolved.

We need to collect some information to understand the issue. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and Software OS/version (These can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Do you have any external audio products attached to your home setup?
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • What specific content are you watching when this issue occurs?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thank's,

Rj

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos