Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuiGonJohn
Roku Guru

Roku Menu changed, very different

So the menu on my Roku TV has changed, significantly. Now, instead of the top line on the right having the channels I moved there. They are pushed down lower and the top line now has "Continue Watching". As fas as I can tell, this is just items from NETFLIX, but it might include from other things, like Prime Video or Roku Channel. How can I make that go away and only show me the channels I have on the Roku TV?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Menu changed, very different

Hi @QuiGonJohn,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

The "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku home screen is part of the Roku Operating System; thus, removing it is impossible. Please be advised that some publishers control what constitutes content completion (for example, end credits are shown). Once the arrangement has been completed, the channel makes a delete request to remove the content from the Continue Watching row.

For more information on this feature's functionality, you can check it out here.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gotothebeach
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Menu changed, very different

Posting here.  Roku implemented this for third party apps to gather information on what is watched to bring users back to the third party app.  Google "continue watching Roku developers".  To get rid of it, I did the following and it worked:

1.  Press * for Options on each show in continue watching and select hide or remove (don't recall word used).

2.  Press * for Options on the Add Channels and Sleep Timer icons on Home Screen and remove. This removes all shortcuts on Home Screen, which Continue Watching fell under.

3.  Go into Settings-Home screen and hide What to Watch, Featured Free and Shortcuts.

4.  I also removed the Roku channel icon, pressed * for Options on the ad to right of Home Screen and selected hide, reset advertising identifier under Settings-Privacy-Advertising and deselected Personalized Ads and Smart TV Experience, and logged in to the actual website of each third party app through a computer deselected sharing of information with third parties.  Not sure all of this was necessary, but Roku obligates the the third parties to obtain a user's consent to show the Continue Watching on Roku.

0 Kudos