Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KageRyu
Reel Rookie

Bring Back Channel Feedback Options

In one of the recent updates it seems Roku has removed the option to give feedback about channels when bringing up Options.  I can no longer report failures to load or log in, failures of video to play, inappropriate content, or other issues that used to be available on the options menu.  Now I merely have the options to move the channel, check for updates, or remove it.

Additionally now my remote often becomes unresponsive with an onscreen message instructing me to press a button that doesn't exist and speak my command when there is no microphone!

This comes on the heels of several channels just vanishing from my home screen. This comes on more and more content being removed from the Roku channel and Free on Streaming menus and being replaced with garbage reality shows and multiple categories pushing premium channels. This comes on the heels of nearly 2 years where certain channels just do not work at all no matter hom many times you remove or reinstall them (netflix, Disney+, and Huluu).

Seriously Roku? Your player and services just keep getting worse.

Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bring Back Channel Feedback Options

Hi @KageRyu,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate and value your feedback regarding the latest feature update of the new software version. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. This has been noted, so please stay tuned for future updates.

Regarding your remote, please try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue.

On the other hand, there may be instances of content that have vanished due to changes in contracts. It's possible that the content was removed, as TV show and movie content availability may vary at times on The Roku Channel. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns in the future. Also, Roku only transmits the channel and is not responsible for the ads and contents within a certain app (such as Netflix, Hulu, etc.). The respective channel is solely responsible for choosing the content and ads, and we have no control over the programming or operation of the channel. We recommend contacting the affected channel's support team to report the issue and for further help.

You can also check out this support article if you experience channel playback issues.

We hope this helps, and let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuEuniceL-

@KageRyu is not complaining about channel content.  It is a complaint about options presented via the * key on the Roku home screen grid of channel tiles.

I have two Rokus that have been updated from 12.0 to 12.5 (Streaming Stick 3600 and Streaming Stick 4k+ 3821).   On both of them, when highlighting a channel tile in the channel grid and pressing the * key on the Roku remote, there is no longer an available "Give us feedback" option.  This is not channel dependent - it's that way on each of the half dozen or so tiles I tried.

On my two installed Rokus that are still on 12.0 (Streaming Stick+ 3810 and TCL Roku TV) , the "Give us feedback" option is still present.

This is clearly a change in Roku version 12.5 and is yet one more step backward with this version.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
davidjazz
Roku Guru

I always wondered who actually got the feedback.

Was it Roku, the channel creators or maybe no one and that's why they removed it?

0 Kudos
Susanvgaylor
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
Susanvgaylor
Channel Surfer

I have reported problems in the recent past that were fixed after reporting them. I think Roku just doesn’t want to pay for those employees that monitor problems anymore. There going cheap. That’s what I believe. The moderator completely avoided answering the original question regarding channel feedback, and that says a great deal. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Susanvgaylor-

The moderator did not avoid the problem.  The moderator did not comprehend what the problem was in the first place.

I really like my Rokus and try to be supportive of Roku.  I try to share what knowledge I've gained about them by using them for over a decade here in these forums. 

But honestly, I think some of the mods have never used a Roku, don't understand half the questions they try to answer, and pick canned responses based on a key word or two they pick out in the question, which may or may not really be relevant.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Susanvgaylor
Channel Surfer

That’s a very good point. I too love Roku! It’s the best! I was a cable Tv person for so long, but after Roku I will never go back to cable! 

0 Kudos
We_3

is there any update from Roku on whether they will be bringing back the channel feedback options?

literally used it yesterday, went to use it again today (same issue) and the options are gone.  

0 Kudos
Susanvgaylor
Channel Surfer

I haven’t heard anything from Roku regarding the Channel Feedback Option unfortunately. 

0 Kudos