Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

[SOLVED] Guest mode missing channel tiles, Live TV option

Jump to solution

Update

We believe this issue is now solved and are closing this thread. Please start a new thread if you believe you're still encountering an issue.

Previous

We are aware of some users reporting that Guest Mode is not working as intended after updating to OS 13.

Issue: Missing channel icons, Live TV not working

We are currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved quickly. 

If you're also experiencing this, please let us know your Device ID and software version, found under Home > Settings > System About, and a brief description of what you're seeing.

Thanks!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Latest Update BROKE Guest Mode!!!!

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users,

We are pleased to announce that the issue regarding Guest Mode not functioning correctly after updating to OS 13 has been resolved for the majority, if not all, of our users. To ensure clarity and organization within the community, we will now close this discussion.

If you are still encountering the Guest Mode issue, we encourage you to start a new thread or send us a private message for further assistance.

This discussion will be closed, and the post will be marked as solved. We sincerely appreciate your patience and extend our gratitude to everyone who reported this issue.

Happy Streaming! 💜

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
home-belmont
Reel Rookie

Guest Mode menu missing options like Live TV after checkout date selected and restart

Jump to solution

Guest Mode menu missing options like Live TV after checkout date selected and restart:

After selecting the checkout date, the Roku device restarts. The items on the menu are then: Home/Search/Streaming Channels/Guest Options/Settings. Several menu items are missing. If you then restart the Roku device again, it comes back up (still in guest mode) but now has 22 instead of 17 apps and includes additional menu items like What to watch/Live TV/Featured Free/Sports/Streaming Store.

Why aren't the same options available after the first restart?  Live TV is key feature for renters, and I have to give them instructions to manually restart after the restart to get around this issue.

Seeing this same behavior consistently on 4 Roku devices all running 12.5.5 build 4174.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest Mode menu missing options like Live TV after checkout date selected and restart

Jump to solution

Hi @home-belmont,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to escalate this to our appropriate Roku team.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                          John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lynne328

Guest mode: no channels anymore

Jump to solution

Guest mode: no channels

I have an account with 12 TVs for STRs. Guest mode used to work wonderfully. When I log into guest mode there are no channels, not even the Roku Channel. I have done a factory reset.

When I log in: my personal channels are there, but when I log into guest mode it is blank and I have to install the channels manually every time. Any suggestions?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Guest mode: no channels anymore

Jump to solution

Hi @Lynne328,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're seeing an issue when accessing Guest mode, whereas installed channels are not added, and we'd like to see more about what's going on here.

We'd like to learn when you start seeing this? Is there some recent change you received that might be related to this? In addition, it seems like the factory reset did not help and thanks for the effort.

Along with the details, please share with us the information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
bran24
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode menu missing options like Live TV after checkout date selected and restart

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Roku Support lacks any understanding of the issue at hand!

0 Kudos
bran24
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have this exact same problem. Problem started recently, although hard to say how long ago as I am not always at my condo that I rent out as an STR (Short Term Rental).

It used to be that guest mode was great, the guest would choose the date, then default apps would load, along with the Roku TV app (channel) that provided the "Live TV" feature. Now once you choose your checkout date, there are no apps. The only icons are for inputs that you setup under the non-guest mode. Then the menu item for Live TV used to show "Live TV Channel Guide" now it is just a blank purple screen. I also did a factory reset but that didn't help.

Settings > System > About
Roku Device Model: TCL model 55S431
Serial #: X00000A7CA6J
Device ID: S099D117CA6J
SW OS/version: 12.5.5 build 4174-93

Tracker ID: 6J-184-329
Model: C164X - Roku TV
Serial number: X00000A7CA6J (S099D117CA6J)
Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-93
GC version: 11.4.29
Timestamp: 2024-05-08T00:09:43Z

ErinB
Reel Rookie

Latest Update BROKE Guest Mode!!!!

Jump to solution

It used to be that guest mode worked as intended, the guest would choose the date, then apps/channels would load. The menu item for Live TV used to show "Live TV Channel Guide" now it is just a blank purple screen. Factory reset did not help.

I hope you didn't change the way this works by thinking that guests don't want any apps. Why would guests want to install the common apps that you used to include out of the box in non-guest mode? No guest is going to want to setup a Roku account just to use a Roku TV on vacation, when they don't have a Roku at home. Many older people just want to sit down and watch TV, they don't have any streaming services, and for sure don't want to install apps or create a Roku account. You have made this painful.

See photos to compare the purple guest mode to the red non-guest mode. Pay attention to the "'Live TV' Channel Guide" that shows up on the red screen, which used to show up on the purple guest screen by default, now in guest mode it is just blank and no apps/channels. So painful.

Settings > System > About
Roku Device Model: TCL model 55S431
Serial #: X00000A7CA6J
Device ID: S099D117CA6J
SW OS/version: 12.5.5 build 4174-93

Tracker ID: 6J-184-329
Model: C164X - Roku TV
Serial number: X00000A7CA6J (S099D117CA6J)
Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-93
GC version: 11.4.29
Timestamp: 2024-05-08T00:09:43Z20240507_190022.jpg20240507_190048.jpg20240507_185643a.jpg

psal
Reel Rookie

Re: Latest Update BROKE Guest Mode!!!!

Jump to solution

Agreed. I am experiencing the same thing in guest mode.  Live TV app also not working. Frustrating 

ErinB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too, this describes the exact same situation I have!

0 Kudos