Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmCurator

Re: How to Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

1000% agree

Please STOP adding things (launch points) to the Home Screen that can't be suppressed in the setup menu. It's very aggravating and annoying to have some programmer, somewhere, altering my user experience.

We DON'T need additional launch points to access OUR content.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Warm regards from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the changes you've noticed to your Home screen.

For additional consideration, we'll make sure to let the person in question know about this.

Many thanks

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

@Wanderglobe Interestingly enough, the "update" has disappeared from one of my Rokus.  I have seven units total in the house (all streamers, no TVs), and this one is the only one where it has disappeared.  I've done nothing different, it just is no longer there on this one Roku.  Of note, the ONLY thing listed now in my "Shortcuts" under "Home Screen" is "Add Channels" & "TV Off."  The rest of the selections have mysteriously gone missing.

rejandvlj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem is all over the internet, doesn't appear ANYONE LIIKES THIS **bleep** ON THEIR SCREEN WITH NO OPTION TO MODIFY IT OR REMOVE/HIDE IT!!!!! Get rid of it or fix it!!!!

kbd48
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You own the right side of our Roku screen with ads, you have been taking the left side with ads. Please leave my app menu alone! Enough already!

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sad part for Roku is they won't even realize the impact until it's too late.

People just won't come back to buy more products.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I wish I could take credit this image but I stole it haha

roku-recommended-12-4-23.jpg

Jump to solution

Just adding to the din: stop cramming ads down our throats. Like many here I have all "suggested" junk disabled, as I am best qualified to decide for myself which channels and content I want to see.

Also like many here I will sell my three rokus and switch to the many, many other options for getting content onto my screen.

Sorry roku your product isn't good enough to get away with such behavior.  Your customers will simply leave.

andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you think Roku is bad, have you seen a Fire TV or Google TV home screen?

Not as sure about Apple TV, but some pics seem to show it relatively clean. But, you are going to pay an arm and leg for it.

Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

And it just keeps getting worse! ...so I get home today and not only is the obnoxious and non-removable "ALL THINGS FOOD" link in my apps, but the same link is now mixed in with the menu on left side of the screen. At least that one is removable by going to Settings/Home Screen/All Things Food/ and checking 'Hide'.

They should do the same thing with all six of those obnoxious icons on the right, then get rid of them or make them removable as well.