Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimsz
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Is there a platform that does not follow this model? If there is, please tell us what it is.

Apple TV. That's what I am starting to replace my Roku with as they age out. 

SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sadly, the "Categories" and "Browse" are back this morning on my one Roku in which they disappeared.  In my case it appeared to simply be a glitch.  Here's hoping to a future option to permanently hide them from the home screen for those who want this option.  35 pages and growing, you'd think there'd be an official response at this point.

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuJer @RokuJohnB  @RokuAbhay @RokuBen @RokuBrian @RokuCarly @RokuChris @RokuDR @RokuERey @RokuEuniceL  

Are any of you going to do anything to show you care about your customers?
And don't just feed us the company line that "your feedback is important to us" since clearly it is not.
Give it to us straight, either you are telling us to go jump in the lake or you're going to fix it.  Which is it???

Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuFelixM @RokuFrank-B @RokuGaryL @RokuGreg @RokuHVo @RokuHan @RokuHeidi @RokuIsrar @RokuKC @RokuKent

Are any of you going to do anything to show you care about your customers?
And don't just feed us the company line that "your feedback is important to us" since clearly it is not.
Give it to us straight, either you are telling us to go jump in the lake or you're going to fix it. Which is it???

jmahun
Reel Rookie

Re: How to Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

I agree. They offer no useful viewing options and just get in the way. If Roku wants to add stuff like this then (1) ask me if I want it first and (2) then give me the option to turn them off. 

wildsprite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Maliska

sorry to tell you this but the only Roku employees that respond on here are customer service. they can only tell us what they are told to say so tagging every one of them won't get you much of an answer. if the higher up decide they can tell us something they will. we need to keep pushing. send them feedback tickets.

for those Roku employees that are in fact checking this that have the ear of someone higher up.you could have put those sections in the left side menus and most of us wouldn't be that bothered. putting them as part of the grid is annoying.

Jump to solution

Roku, stop cluttering my Home Screen with junk I don’t want and can’t remove.  I bought a physical device, not a SaaS product for you to make ongoing revenue.   Allow me to remove this, or my next product purchase will not be a Roku. It’s as simple as that.  

mzfl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think it would be safe to assume this new clutter is nothing more than a revenue stream for Roku. I was OK with the one large ad that has always been on the TV home screen, bcuz it didn't add another line of icons. But 3 news actual lines of useless links is ANNOYING to those of us who want to keep the interface UNCLUTTERED. C'mon, Roku -- let us turn this clutter OFF.

rawlsrules
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As long as they could be hidden, I agree.

mzfl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found Roku's new CFO's email address and sent him the link to this string. Maybe he'll pay attention. Thanks for starting this discussion.