Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maliska
Streaming Star

Re: Remove "Categories" and "Browse" from Home Screen

Jump to solution

Thank you Roku, 

Gaucho91
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!

SmilingBob
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Great news, thank you for listening to your loyal customers.

NHH
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you, Roku!  I just removed it from all our devices.

GoHawks
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I am NOT thanking Roku at all.NOT ONE BIT.

They didn't need to do what they did at all, they didn't listen to us when they decided to clutter up the home screen with garbage we didn't ask for, and we didn't want, and we didn't need.

Correcting what should not have ever been done in the first place doesn't deserve thanks.

Now while you are at it Roku how about you clean up the rest of the system and make it how it used to be a few years back with ALL the new channels in one easy to find simple place.

Brenn
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Your choice. 

We DID put up forty pages of complaints about his issue and ROKU has repsonded favorably to our complaints and removed the offensive content.  The most civil thing I could think of was to thank them for that and move on.  

RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for all your input on Roku’s latest update. All devices will receive an update over the next couple of days that will allow you to revert back to the original settings.

You can customize your features by navigating to Settings > Home Screen > Recommendation rows.

Happy Streaming!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Shoresy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update

0 Kudos
Maliska
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you @RokuAustin 

I think I speak for most. 

We like the fact that Roku tries to improve the experience and we don't mind new features showing up. Some features make sense for some people. The issue was only not giving us a way to enable or disable the feature.

Please share this feedback, I don't want to discourage change and growth. Often they really do help.

Kind Regards

Mike

GoHawks
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

There was no attempt at "growth" here and the only reason there was any "change" was so that Roku could attempt to make more money off of people who had already bought their product. 

If the entire system had never been so disarrayed and unnecessarily cluttered people would never have had to be searching all over for what they wanted to watch in the first place.

There should be only these headings/tabs at the top when you go searching for stuff:

"news" "movies" "music" "tv" "sports" "lifestyle" and "all new channels" and that is it.

Anything and everything at all which is not a movie or a tv show or music or sports should be in "lifestyle" and any new channel of any kind should be under "all new channels" 

0 Kudos