Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrashTV
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku disables players and TVs with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I sincerely wish for the most horrific and gruesome death imaginable for the people who made these updates and for the people who ordered them

0 Kudos
TrashTV
Binge Watcher

Death to the CEOs and lawyers

TrashTV
Binge Watcher

I really hope that the Roku employees who started this BS has their brakes taken away by their car manufacturer and they do a Paul Walker 

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I understand your feeling, but that's a bit extreme response. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

I so love your comment. I would've done the same thing (I do this w/my cell ph all the time)

The **bleep** greedy monsters have gotten control of simething that should be enjoyable and free of a bunch of stinking legal hoopla! ALL tv viewing has become SO assanine just to watch a stinking TV for entertainment which for some of us is the only form of entertainment because we're poor, strapped for money. Then you have to have 50 million emails, usernames, passwords (🤯🤯🤯) that I'm surprised we can even turn our tvs on 🤣. I now keep a notebook w/all of the info bc otherwise I'll go more insane than I already am .... lololol

-After My Own Heart

Love it .... 🤣🤣🤣

I'm STILL trying to get a STRAIGHT FORWARD answer from VERIFY (I think it's a generated robot answering) bc it's not answering what I asked of it!!!

My Ques: is my $25 ROKU device for streaming on a basic TV, no fancy junk going to be disabled BEFORE I'm asked to OPT-IN (that's ONLY choice ROKU TV OWNERS are being given)??? This is still a FREE country isn't it? Greedy monsters who are able to control people's CHOICES should be destroyed (that's a JOKE)--the small print always gets us espec when they add all the legal mumbo jumbo that would take 2days to read &/or understand & that's why WE ... The People ... agree! We JUST want to watch our dang TV!

0 Kudos
Fury

Re: Class Action Suit - Forced to sign a ( I won’t Join a Class Action suit against ROKU ).

They’re still taking payments though! I canceled my subscription!

0 Kudos
Fury

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

So glad hear that someone knows how to make them address the madness of blocking services while still taking payments.

0 Kudos
o2night
Streaming Star

I received this email from Roku.  My answer is below it.

Roku Customer Support
VXI/MA/BO-Maycy Alsado, Mar 22, 2024, 13:33 PDT:
Hi ******

We apologize for the delay in responses but we appreciate your patience in waiting for our update.

You can opt out of the new dispute resolution terms by following the guidance here: https://docs.roku.com/published/disputeresolution/en/us.

If you don’t wish to agree to the updated terms, you can still use your TV in unlinked mode, without the streaming functionality (i.e. as a traditional TV instead of a smart TV). This means that you can watch live TV with a cable box or antenna, and connect Blu-ray or DVD players, gaming consoles or other devices to one of the HDMI inputs.  However, you won’t have access to Roku’s streaming services, including the apps from our channel store.  

A quick way to do this is to perform a hardware factory reset of your TV.   See the FAQ here for guidance.

[If Active Subscriptions on Account: Since you're unlinking your Roku account, you may also want to review your active subscriptions. You can do this by visitingmy.roku.com and then go toSubscriptions.]

Of course, if you have any other questions - please feel free to reach out. We're happy to help.

Maycy
Roku Customer Support

VXI/MA/BO-Maycy Alsado, Mar 8, 2024, 15:44 PST:
Hello R*****,   <------------?????  Why am I receiving someone else's response???

My name is Maycy, and I am with a specialized group for Roku. I am following up with you about the updated Roku's terms and conditions. I understand that change can be frustrating, and I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Our goal is to ensure transparency and provide the best service possible.

We’ve updated our Dispute Resolution Terms  and you must press “agree” in order to continue using our products and services. To see these updated terms, you can press * on your remote, as the prompt suggests. You may also view the updated terms on our website. You may click here.

To proceed with your request for device returns and refunds, we will have our dedicated team reach back out to you.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, and we'll be more than happy to help.

Maycy
Roku Customer Care
https://support.roku.com/contactus

Re: [Request resolved] #93***** - Roku Customer Support
To:Roku support
Mon 3/25/2024 7:02 AM

WHO told you this issue has been resolved?  I certainly did not!  The televisions were bricked, and an arbitration agreement was FORCED on me.  That's an issue that won't be resolved until ROKU is taken to task for this egregious stunt! 

Has that POP-UP been removed?  If not, nothing has changed, and the issue is certainly NOT resolved.

I KNOW I can send a snail mail letter to "OPT OUT".  Where is the proof that anyone actually does get opted-out after sending the letter?  I honestly have my doubts and I bet a "loyer" will find out. [original word not allowed]. But that's not even the point!  The point is, I should not HAVE to stop, write a letter, get an envelope and pay for a stamp or other postage (for proof that Roku received that letter), knowing full well Roku is not going to pay someone to sit and make sure opt-out letters get attached to the proper accounts.  

There should have been an OPT-OUT button right next to that huge AGREE button Roku BRICKED my televisions with, which would be automatically attached to my account (and my televisions)!

If i understand your message correctly, I am STILL being FORCED to push that button and if I don't push that button, ROKU is THREATENING to render my SMART Televisions into NON-SMART televisions, because they will still be BRICKED and I still won't be able to use the Apps to control my televisions!  Is that correct?

When I bought those televisions, I paid extra for the "SMART" television option, rather than buying a plain television.  This purchase included FREE use of the STEAMING APPS and PROGRAMMING pre-installed on the televisions, except for pay tv apps. 
I have reason to believe that to REFUSE my right to those apps and programming now, would be illegal. 

I agreed to the TOS that was available to me at the time of purchase.  At no time during my purchase, was I informed that Roku could or would take the apps off my televisions if they decided to change their terms at a later date and I didn't agree with the new terms.  At no time was there any indication that Roku held the right to render my televisions unusable (BRICKED), or for ransom (no streaming or apps) for ANY reason, for any length of time, or until I agreed to anything, when I purchased those televisions. 
I purchased the televisions BEFORE this new arbitration agreement was FORCED by bricking my televisions, therefore, my rights still should reflect the SAME ability to access the SAME SERVICES, streaming ability and apps, as were agreed to the day I bought the televisions whether I accept or not, Roku changes in their arbitration rules or hold Roku responsible for any harm done to me.

Roku AGREED to my RIGHT to use the SOFTWARE, STREAMING ABILITY and APPS, when they sold these televisions as SMART televisions which included apps and streaming capability, and when they ACCEPTED MY MONEY at the time I purchased the televisions!

I will wait for your answer, but this is far from resolved! 

o2night
Streaming Star

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

0 Kudos