Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimL
Streaming Star

THANK YOU! Roku's Live TV Channel Guide fix for Favorites.

Just a quick note of thanks to the developers/mantainers for Roku's Live TV channel guide fix!  Apologies if this isn't in the right place but I couldn't find where I should drop this note of thanks.

For those new or not familiar with what I am referencing, when starting the Live TV channel app, as before, it defaults to the last channel watched.  However, instead of defaulting to All Channels as a category and having to scroll down to my Favorites every time I wanted to change channels, it now remains in my Favorites category.  When one goes through the trouble of selecting only the channels they want to watch, this is significant.

Again, thank you to the team that corrected this!

-Jim

20 REPLIES 20
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: THANK YOU! Roku's Live TV Channel Guide fix for Favorites.

Looking forward to seeing this change.  I checked last night and mine is still in the old ALL CHANNELS mode by default.

0 Kudos
Ckatziff
Reel Rookie

Ok so how did you get it fixed back? I’ve been waiting forever for this answer and so far nothing.  

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

I don't think we're looking for support here.  @JimL described the scenario by which opening the Live TV guide defaulted to favorite channels for him, but we have not yet seen this behavior.

0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

It's still working on my three Roku units (Express, Express 4K+, and Streambar).  What I find is that if you were in Favorites when you left the app, you will be in Favorites the next time you start the app. 

The confusion might be that when you go back into the app, you should already in Favorites, but you're selection is way to the left in categories.  So, if you move up or down from there, you will change categories.  Just move a couple of notches/blocks to the right when you start the app and you can then scroll up or down through your Favorites.  If this is what you're experiencing, you will quickly get used to it.  I'm still appreciating this fix!

0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

Unfortunately, as of this evening, this is no longer working.  The default is back to All Channels, which no one is asking for.  😞   

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JimL,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide what @RokuJohnB asked so we can look further into this issue and assist you further?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

@RokuEuniceL,

I don't know what I can write to be more explicit, but I'll try. 

After going through the trouble of choosing only the channels I want to see in Roku live TV, AKA Favorites, Favorites are what I want to see when I open the Roku live channel.  

When this was working properly, starting the Roku live TV app would bring me right back to Favorites, where I was when I left the app.  Now I am brought back to the All Channels category.  If watching a channel in my Favorites list and hit the back button to go back to the channel list, I am no longer brought back to the Favorites category, but rather to the All Channels category.  I then have to scroll down to the Favorites category, which puts me at the top of my list of Favorites and have to scroll down again to get to a channel I want to see, even if the channel was only one channel in the list away from what I was watching.

This was fixed and working properly when I started this thread on 9/12.  As of last evening, 10/30, I noticed this was no  longer working.  Obviously a change was implemented that broke this.  I can't believe no one at Roku is seeing this behaviour uness they don't use a Roku and have chosen favorites to watch.  

The same behaviour is seen on all three of my active roku units: Express, Express 4K+, and Streambar.

If what I've written is not clear or you need further clarification, please reach out to me.  I may not have some of the correct terms, so please let me know if anything I've written is not clear.

Thanks,

-Jim

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JimL,

We appreciate you letting us know about this here in the Roku Community!

There is a new update in Roku, so this might have affected your Roku device. Kindly try to restart your system by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) and see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JimL
Streaming Star

@RokuEuniceL 

I followd your suggestion with my three Roku's and there was no difference.  They are all behaving the same in that I am unable to stay in favorites, but automatically go right back to All Channels.  

If you have access to the developers, perhaps you could ask them about the change they implemented and whether it was really necessary.

-Jim

0 Kudos