Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cerrajah
Reel Rookie

When you press ok to Agree Dispute Resolution Terms nothing happens.

Message:  We've made an important update    We've updated our Dispute Resolution Terms. Select Agree to agree to these updated Terms and to continue enjoying our products and services.  Press * to view these updated Terms.         Agree

However, when * is pressed nothing happens.  When you press ok to Agree nothing happens.  

How do I get this message off my screen so I can watch programming?????

Labels (1)
71 REPLIES 71
Lizard10

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

Just noticed that if I leave the screen alone, it eventually switches to the moving background. Perhaps if we select "home" at that point, it will disappear. Even attempting to agree  by pressing "ok" on the remote or pressing the "star" button does nothing.

gramc
Reel Rookie

Re: "We've made an important update" is stuck on screen

You better read that update.  It's basically saying you can't sue Roku for anything.  You have to follow their process for arbitration.

Cerrajah
Reel Rookie

I can't read it because it will not respond.  To read it it says to press the * button.  I press it and nothing happens.

gramc
Reel Rookie

Well, my first question would normally be are you sure it's connected to the Internet but you obviously can't tell with it stuck on that screen.  Is it a TV or one of their add-on devices?  Maybe try to unplug it to recycle the power?  Mine just did the same thing but it worked when I pushed the buttons.  I have a Roku Ultra device.

Cerrajah
Reel Rookie

It's a Onn Roku TV with a Roku Soundbar connected.  I have unplugged the TV and the Soundbar and reconnected.   It comes right back to that important update screen.  When the screensaver comes on normally you would press any button to get to the menu but now the screensaver does not respond at all.  Have to turn off the tv and turn back on .  

mike651

Mine is doing the same, can not get it off the screen.  I have turned off the TV unplugged/rebooted turned it back on and it is still there. Pushed buttons nothing happens.

mike651

Ok, I figured it out on mine.  I have a soundbar, disconnect the soundbar and use your original remote for your TV click the OK button and the message goes away. Then switched back to using my soundbar remote, and everything is working again. Hope this helps. 

CristieJ2

I’m having this same issue, I will try your resolution steps thank you. (What a PIA Roku!)

javrsv

Me too!  Grrrrr 

0 Kudos