Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Missing characters in text boxes

We are receiving reports from users are seeing missing characters or text in certain text or description boxes.

Image of the issue:

Missing text.jpeg

This is a Newly Reported Issue. 

What does that mean?

Newly reported issues mean that usually this issue is not widespread and we are still gathering information to help solve the issue. If the issue is a channel-facing issue, then we will work with the channel partner to help solve the issue.

Let us know...

• Are you experiencing this issue, too?
  • The channel and area you are seeing this issue on.
  • If you can upload a photo, great!
  • Please create a Tracker ID when you see this issue, and post your Tracker ID to this thread, along with the last 2 digits of your Roku Device ID.
  • Let us know, does restarting your device solve the issue or has the issue come back after a restart?

Thank you for your patience as we work to solve this issue. You can hit the subscribe button to be notified of updates.

Roku Community Team

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
183 REPLIES 183
Martin43

Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

My Roku is not consistently displaying text and in some cases small solid boxes come up where words and letters should be.  This is not just with Roku but other channels coming in through the device as well.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Missing Text and/or boxes in place of text

@Martin43-

Can you post a screen shot so we'll have a better idea of what you are seeing?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
rongus
Channel Surfer

I am experiencing the same issue with ROKU sticks, two of them actually. Text is replaced by boxes or just blank space. Not sure if I can attach a screen shot but will try below.

rongus
Channel Surfer

Missing text.jpg

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rongus,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with some channels or apps on Roku. We're happy to help. Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify) Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System Restart.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DawnGholson
Reel Rookie

I have been having this same problem last couple weeks.  It is intermittent but when it happens you cannot read anything.   Rebooting solves problem temporarily.  Until the next time it happens.  Is it a software problem?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've seen this happen on things that I've developed.  It appears to be a new bug that appeared with the v12 software, but I've given up trying to report bugs to Roku - it's absolutely pointless.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
rongus
Channel Surfer

Thanks John,

The problem is that it is not possible to pick out the steps you have listed, because the writing is completely corrupted. See the screen shot attached - can't figure out where "System" or "System Restart" is. This is affecting a number of aps, including Paramount, Netflix, Peacock. I hope there is a fix.

Thanks.

rongus
Channel Surfer

Looks like I can't attach the screen shot now, was able to do so yesterday.