Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeferson23
Channel Surfer

[SOLVED] How to Stop Roku from Auto Installing the `Live TV` App

Jump to solution

I was not sure exactly where to post this as this is an update issue as well as channel issue. Just this week Roku has forced an auto install of the 'Live TV' application. I uninstall it, and it comes back. Every day.

How do I stop this?

I don't want your Live TV. It is in the 1st app spot and VERY annoying. If this keeps happening I will have to switch streaming devices and annoyance is disgusting. This is disgusting. Surely this is a bug.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to Stop Roku from Auto Installing the `Live TV` App

Jump to solution

Hi all!

We identified why Live TV would sometimes come back after it had been deleted, and believe this is now resolved. The intended behavior is that a streamer can delete the channel, and it will not show up again on your home screen, allowing you to customize your preferences. 

We found an issue during our multi-day rollout for some users who have multiple Roku devices on their account. If one device hadn't received the channel yet, but a user had deleted the channel from the first device and then the second device received the updated channel, the channel may install again over our multi-day rollout.

All devices have now received the rollout so we do not anticipate this to be the case again, except in a few areas where you device may have been turned off or slow to update. If you see this again, please remove the channel from all of your devices, and restart, and that should solve the issue. 

We're going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved and close. We appreciate all of the feedback here and will continue prioritizing features that allow you to customize the home screen to your streaming wants. Start up a new thread if you notice any other issues.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
mjgraf1

Ads Are Covering Channel Squares

Jump to solution

Ads (one is Coca Cola and the other for a Food Channel) are covering my channel squares on my Home Screen making it difficult to see and read what I am selecting. How can I hide them?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Ads Are Covering Channel Squares

Jump to solution

Could you post a picture?  I've never seen this myself.  I suspect it might actually be your TV that is doing this.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Roku Live TV App (Redundant App added)

Jump to solution

Noted yesterday a new app block populated the #1 App called "Live TV", this appears to be redundant to the "Live TV on the Roku Channel" app.

Any reason why this was added, is the other one going away? 

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Live TV App (Redundant App added)

Jump to solution

Don't know why it was added, but I was able to delete it with the asterisk button.

0 Kudos
JamiexDave

Live Tv Tile needs to move

Jump to solution

How do I move the Live TV Tile out of the first position on the Home Screen. I looked at it, it’s not something we would use very much, if at all. I having to now skip over it to get to the tiles I want. Every time I’m on the Home Screen it annoys me just a little bit more. It’s a reminder that Roku does not care what my preferences are. A reminder I get every single time I see it. It just makes one more reason to ditch Roku and get something else.

0 Kudos
WDee
Channel Surfer

Re: Live Tv Tile needs to move

Jump to solution

They also moved my Xbox and Playstation to a separate location.  All my favorites are in different places now.  Not happy with this arrogance on their part.  Next tv will be Google!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Live Tv Tile needs to move

Jump to solution

Highlight any tile in the channel grid, in this case the added Live TV tile.

Press the * button on your remote to pop up a dialog listing the options available to you, including Remove app and Move app.

Remove app is obvious.

To Move the app, click on that option then move the app around in the grid with the direction pad.  Press OK to lock in the position.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Verta
Binge Watcher

New, Unwanted and PINNED Live TV will not "hide" even though I have chosen hide in the settings

Jump to solution

I have selected "Hide" for the new and unwanted "Live TV" tile but it WILL NOT GO AWAY. I am online, my channels work fine. I do not have the "Roku Channel" installed and I have restarted many, many times.

How can I get help in reporting this error?

I do not need a pinned tile for Live TV that I have to click past to get to the channels that I use. I want it hidden, I have set it to be hidden, what is wrong with your programmers, and why do they keep changing my home screen and adding garbage I did not ask for, do not need, do not want, and have told it to hide already?

Verta
Binge Watcher

Re: New, Unwanted and PINNED Live TV will not "hide" even though I have chosen hide in the

Jump to solution

I have a 3280X Streaming Stick 4K and it is on software version 12.5.0 build 4178-CU.

0 Kudos