Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duckydoo

Better Remote for Baby Boomers

I would think that a good percentage of ROKU customers are in the Baby Boomer generations.  We are beginning to have arthritic hands and eye sight that is not as acute as it once was.  I wish ROKU would make a remote that is easier to handle and see.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Better Remote for Baby Boomers

For any Roku other than the Roku Stick (any version), you can use a universal IR remote. There are many such remotes designed for older users. But again, they won't work on any version of a Roku Stick, because none of the Stick models have an IR receiver. All other Roku models (including TVs) have an IR receiver. Just make sure the universal IR remote lists Roku as a supported brand. Most do.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: Better Remote for Baby Boomers

@duckydooCurious about this post since its the first one I've seen of this nature. Are you saying you're unable to see/use the remote? If your arthritis is serious, or vision impaired, perhaps a change of diet, doctor or optometrist would help. The remote is extremely simple and does the job its intended for 🙂

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos