Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alatarius
Binge Watcher

Brand new roku remote keeps unpairing

I just received my new remote yesterday after purchasing it through this site. After letting charge for 24 hours to fully charge, it keeps un-pairing. Voice commands stop working and roku device (4k+ Ultra) keeps telling me I need to pair it. It only stays paired for maybe an hour.

I have tried re-pairing the remote, power cycling the device and factory resetting the device to no avail.
Please make quality device or go with a wholesaler that makes quality devices.

5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new roku remote keeps unpairing

Hi, @Alatarius

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about this experience, and we'd like to assist you further. Kindly be advised that we've reached out to you via private message here in the Roku Community. To check our message, navigate to the upper right corner of your web browser with the mail icon since we've reached you from there.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@AlatariusHave you looked into the WiFi congestion? If not, I'd recommend use of WiFi  Analyzer for Android, or something similar for IOS. That way you're able to see how many neighbors are using the same band/channel for connecting.  Once you're able to identify how many are on the same channel, you can log into the router and change to one that has fewer users. As you know, the remote uses WiFi direct so if there's lots of congestion, it may have trouble keeping connected. Its worth a shot anyway

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
Alatarius
Binge Watcher

The router is maintained by my ISP since they have a contract with the Amazon Eero. We don't even have the ability to add parental controls or even MAC Address filtering with our ISP. As for using an WiFi analyzer, it's not compatible with my phone since I have a dumb phone.

What other solutions do you recommend?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alatarius,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for letting us know!

We'd love to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Please check out this support article here on how to set up your Roku voice remote.

We hope this helps.

Regards,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alatarius
Binge Watcher

That didn't solve the problem at all

0 Kudos