Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinchvalve
Reel Rookie

Lost control of my soundbar

I recently lost control of my Sony soundbar. I'm using a Sony soundbar connected to a Samsung TV with CEC audio through an HDMI. It was working fine for a few months, I could power the Soundbar on and off and control the audio with the Roku remote. All of a sudden it stopped working, I can't find a reason or a solution. I've tried resetting everything, repairing the remote, different settings on the Roku and the TV, but nothing works. I've tried to reach out to Roku support, but they just tell me you can't control a soundbar with the Roku remote and don't even know what CEC audio is.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to get this working again or am I done with roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost control of my soundbar

I suspect it's more about the TV than the Roku device.  Does the TV's remote control the volume of the soundbar?  If you disconnect the soundbar, does the Roku remote control the volume of the TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
pinchvalve
Reel Rookie

As it turns out, the kids disconnected the HDMI cords to connect a videogame, then plugged them back into the wrong ports. Only one HDMI port on the TV has the CEC audio control. Switching them back resolved the issue. The old question of "is it plugged in" was the answer here. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@pinchvalve-

Thanks for reporting back.   So often we never hear how things worked out and so other readers of the thread who are searching for help on a similar issue don't learn anything either.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos