Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working after software update

Hi @dhob,

Thanks for your response.

Since the device still has the old OS version, Would you mind checking for available updates? If the remote is unusable to do so, you can try to utilize the Roku app remote feature as an alternative. Once the device is on the current OS and the remote issues persist, inform us so we can continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JM16
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi @RokuJanadeeK                                                                                                        4200X - Roku 3 SN 1GU478153106, remote RC03 P/N 9026000130, currently running software v 12.5.0 build 4175 updated 10/19/23. Problem originally occurred after 10/5/23 update. Remote attempts to pair but streaming device fails to recognize. Streaming device does work with wi-fi Roku iPhone app.  Thank you for your assistance in resolving this matter.

0 Kudos
dhob
Channel Surfer

Software Update tells me all software up to date.   Last checked 10/21/2023 Last update 5/10/2023.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the follow-up. @JM16.

We'll make sure to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for your response, @dhob.

Our team is currently investigating this issue. Please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Please note that we need the information of the Roku device which your remote is paired with. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dhob
Channel Surfer

Model: 4802RW - Roku Ultra
Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-C2
SN: X01000PV7SYV
Device ID: S0DC229V7SYV
Remote: RC832
GC version: 10.2.30
Issue ID: YV-425-719

0 Kudos
GouNana

Hello,

The wireless features on my voice remote recently stopped working with my television, and my TV does not find the remote when I try to pair it.

I have restarted the television and replaced the batteries in the remote, etc.

Model 65R615 / 7121X Roku Tv

Hardware ID 7121X

serial number YS00UX891059 (FW293U891059)

software version 12.0.0 build 4182–30

gc version 10.2.30

timestamp 2023-10–24T02:53:13Z

issue ID 59–426–413

0 Kudos
SparkGap
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku 55R615. 12.5.0 (build 4175-30) in my case, but it started with the earlier update (12.0.0?).

I've also been living with this for weeks. And also bought a new remote, so I have four remotes that don't work: 3 RF, and the 1 IR that came with the TV. I also attempted a platform reset, which _did_ fix the problem.

I'm also able to reproduce it reliable:

* Go to the Platform Secret Menu

* Under RF Remote Menu, "Enable full UI support for remote"

* Turn off the TV after using a CEC device (in my case, a Google TV)

To resolve the problem, I use my phone to navigate to "Disable full UI" and restart the TV. Unfortunately, the Roku keeps defaulting back to "Enable full UI" now (although I'm not sure what triggers that).

0 Kudos
zborgerd
Streaming Star

Glad I'm not the only one reporting problems with the (two) factory IR remotes on a TCL TV.

In my case, IR started magically working within the past two days. At first it was only working occasionally, but now it seems to be reliable without any changes other than using Android app control for the past few days of the TV running for a few hours.

The only explanation that I have is that something's happened in the background because there has been no obvious software / firmware update.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing us with the requested information, @dhob.

Since your software version is currently on 12.0.0, we have requested additional reinforcement from our Support team for further advice and assistance regarding your remote issues with your Roku Ultra. Kindly check your emails, as they will reach you there. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with aside from this. Also, feel free to create a new thread for different concerns.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos