Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DC_Gucci
Reel Rookie

Remote Right arrow button

The remote right arrow button stopped working on 2 of 3 of the remotes I have. I have replaced the batteries in them, reset the Roku devices, selected forget the remotes and paired them again and nothing has worked to get the button working on either remote. This seems to be a known issue. Can you replace these remotes they aren't even a year old.  They are voice remotes that were included with the Roku Express 4K+. 3941RW2

Labels (1)
17 REPLIES 17
JackStone
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Right arrow button

I have the same issue on a remote purchased in November 2023, Model #3820R2, Streaming Device with Remote Control Included.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DC_Gucci @JackStone,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for raising this problem directly with us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku remote. Kindly check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DC_Gucci
Reel Rookie

Hi @RokuJohnB , thank you for following up. I have replied to the private message.

0 Kudos
BipolarGirl48
Binge Watcher

Get a toothpick an some rubbing alcohol dip toothpick in alcohol and use it to clean button go in to sides an around button some dirt probably got stuck and is causing issue also u can get roku remote app in playstore free remotes cost like 5 bucks on Amazon i bought a few for emergencies

0 Kudos
JGP97

Re: Remote Right arrow button Roku Streaming Stick Remote

I have also had a problem with the right arrow key not working after approximately a month. I see it is a common problem. I tried all the trouble shooting steps. I also spent a half an hour chatting with someone then clicked on something and lost the person after I gave a serial number. I just want to know how to get a new remote.?? This has been a huge inconvenience for a long time. I knew it would take a long time to get it resolved and was dreading having to contact Roku because I knew it would take a long time.

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JGP97,

Greetings from the Roku Community! We appreciate you taking the time to bring up this particular issue with us.

We see that you're having trouble with the right arrow key of your Roku remote. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you are having with the remote.

Please check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Linkle

Same problem.  Right arrow button got progressively unresponsive, and now doesn't work at all. Tried new batteries, etc.  Model of Roku Express 4+ is 3940X2 (not available in the product dropdown list.)

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Linkle,

Welcome to the Roku Community! 

Thanks for contacting us about your remote issue. We really appreciate the effort you've put into troubleshooting it. 

We're here to help and have sent you a PM to get more details about this problem. Just check your inbox and we'll take care of everything. Thanks again for reaching out to us!

Best, 
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tilghmac

Im on my third replacement and it has also now started not responding to the right arrow!! Roku! what is going on???

0 Kudos