Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gweng1

Roku Express Remote Not Working

I have a VERY little used Roku Express in my spare bedroom.  The remote control no longer works with the device.  I have changed batteries several times and have followed all the troubleshooting steps (remove batteries, unplug device, wait a few minutes, plug everything back in, etc…).  Still nothing.  I had a Roku 4K streaming stick (different remote) in the main bedroom that was also Very infrequently used, and the remote quit working on that quite some time ago, in spite of trying every troubleshooting step I could find.  I have since replaced that Roku with a completely different device which works great.  I don’t understand why I’m having all this trouble with Roku remotes, altho it seems I’m definitely not alone.  Please help before I’m forced to throw another practically brand new Roku device out!  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express Remote Not Working

Hello! @Gweng1,

We're thrilled to have you with us in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

If your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote is not working as expected, you can find troubleshooting tips for common issues, including how to pair and restart your voice remote.

How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Carla4
Reel Rookie

What did you replace it with?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Carla4!

We'd be more than happy to be of assistance here.

If you have the same remote concern as posted above and have also tried troubleshooting to no avail, kindly send us a PM here as we will request additional reinforcement from our Support team. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.
We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Gweng1!

In addition to what is being asked above, kindly try to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it and then re-pair it right after. If the issue still occurs, kindly send us a PM here as well and we'll be requesting additional reinforcement from our Support team. To send a PM, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.
We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Debwalk

TV not responding to streaming device

I have read all directions videos and sought help from others. It shows roku logo but never completely connects worked for about a month.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV not responding to streaming device

Hey @Debwalk,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you getting in touch and going above and beyond to solve the issue. Here, we'd want to help and explore how we can help you get going.

As far as I can tell, you're experiencing a problem where your Roku device keeps booting. Furthermore, in case you haven't already, consider doing a factory reset on the device to determine whether it makes a difference. To proceed please refer to our support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Alternatively, inform us if that has already been tried without success. Please also let us know the device's model and serial number. This is located on the back of the Roku device.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@Gweng1While I own a Roku Ultra rather than your device, the remote uses WiFi direct to communicate with the streaming player and I suspect yours may as well. What I'd recommend is installing an app like WiFi Analyzer for Android; if you have IOS search for something similar. Once installed take note of how many nearby users are on the same WiFi channel and look for one with less congestion, then log into your router and switch to a different one. Hopefully this will resolve the issue

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos