Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ERA1

Roku remote concern

Every 6 months my remote goes bad. Volume goes nuts, or it acts like it needs new batteries, but new batteries don't help.  I would prefer to pay a small fee each month and have reliable remotes.  As big as Roku has become, you think they would find a way to produce a reliable remote. But plan on it, if you are tied into Roku, you will find yourself without a remote every 6 months.

Just read remedy comment. Haven't tried that and will.  But every other remote I have, I've had for years.  They don't require that level of care.  They just work.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote concern

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @ERA1.!

We appreciate you letting us know about your concern with Roku remotes and we're here to provide further information. 

In some cases, resetting the remote will resolve this by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, re-pair it. Also, regarding issues with the volume, we recommend rebooting your Roku player's system by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart.

In the meantime, you may use the Roku mobile appNot only can you launch channels, navigate the Roku interface, and search and issue commands with your voice, but you can also share personal photos and videos on your TV, listen privately with your headphones, and more.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos