Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen20

Re: Roku remote battery pops up notification

This started happening to me a few weeks ago but instead the brand new set of batteries will drain completely in a few days and it's constantly unpairing. I have yet to find a solution because Roku products are complete garbage.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I wouldn't say the Roku players are garbage, it's the voice remotes that are trash. Because if you use a simple Roku remote that you don't have to pair and doesn't have the TV function buttons they work fine and the batteries last a very long time.

0 Kudos
BipolarGirl48
Binge Watcher

It is the batteries it is giving a false reading or the metal part that battery touches is not straight and isn't getting good contact simple check squiggly thing where batteries go and make sure it's cleaned as well . Also invest in Duracell optimum 4x boost batteries last months in roku remote and they have rechargeable ones to . Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

They are not false readings and this is happening in so many different peoples remotes, you think the contacts are all bent in all the remotes? It's a problem with the remote design either the hardware or software.

I've used duracell and energizer makes no difference the batteries get drained fast because the remotes are draining them even when you aren't using your Roku. On top of that the battery notification malfunctions popping up even when the batteries are mostly full with no way to turn it off.

I don't know what kind of fools design a notification like that, don't test it properly to see if it's actually doing it's job and then also give you no option to disable it. This is all of Roku's failures by the designers and engineers, for poor design in the first place and then all these years later still never fixing it.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I'm so glad I posted my tracker ID and info weeks ago as asked for by the moderators, it has done NOTHING to resolve my problem just like I knew it wouldn't.

Hey Roku, great business you guys are running, you sell defective products and then have these useless moderators copy and paste the same steps to try that don't work to make it appear as if you are working on it. Then weeks, months or years later people are still having the same issues!

So what was the result of my tracker ID investigation that I posted huh? Does Roku have any answers for me?

FJB2020
Streaming Star

Fantastic work posting this and I thank you. The pressure should not stop on the lack of credibility for ROKU admitting that their product is one that should be recalled. I am still living with the pop up messages on my screen. I turn off voice recognition and figure ok I can live without it and I get pop up messages telling me it’s off. Of course it’s off it has never worked from day one and ROKU ignored all of us. 

FJB2020
Streaming Star

• This is how ignorant ROKU is I posted a negativity about their lousy product and they just emailed me with congratulations on reaching a new level of posting in the community. ROKU you run just like DC. 🤮
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Not only do I get the battery level pop up spamming my screen I also get the Hands Free Voice too telling me it's off.

Funny thing is sometimes I go into the remote settings to my Voice Remote Pro and it says that the Hands Free Voice is ON even though the switch is turned off on the remote!

That's how defective these remotes are, thinking the feature is enabled when a hard switch on the remote itself is in the off position.

Terrible remotes, terrible product, Roku is a TERRIBLE company with horrible customer service.

I want to know what was the point of me posting a screenshot of my tracker ID weeks ago that the moderator @RokuCarly asked me for when NOTHING has been done to fix my problem and I have heard nothing back from Roku.

I can no longer in good conscience recommend to friends and family to purchase anymore Roku products. It is not worth the hassle and inconvenience.

FJB2020
Streaming Star

Agreed totally .I was asked by a person to post a photo of the pop ups on my tv screen and I did ...the response to the requested photo was total silence by the ROKU team.The product is good but the remote is a total failure and should be recalled or rebate discounts issued.My Ultra is still under warranty and a lot of good that does.My third ROKU and I am sorry that I wasted my money.My last one was not broken and I purchased the Ultra for the voice control remote which does not work.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

It's hilarious how Roku asks us to post photos of the pop up notifications that the remote puts on our screens. As if they have no idea what they look like even though the Roku programmers designed them and embedded them in the software! What a joke company!

And of course nothing happens when you comply, because showing a pop up to them isn't going to fix anything. The malfunction in the remote hardware or software is the problem and Roku will not address it.

I agree that the Roku itself is a good product for the most part, but the remotes are total junk that don't work properly. They are battery killers and screen spammers with their notifications that they give you no option to disable.

0 Kudos