Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TR4
Reel Rookie

USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver Inquiry

My Roku will not work without a  "USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver" which the Roku web site says is "Out of Stock".  There seems to be no way to get on a waiting list and no way to speak to anyone at Roku.  So, my Roku is now useless. 

Does anyone know an alternate source for the product or a way to get on a waiting list for the product?

(PS: My power, remote and Wi-Fi connection all stopped working at the same time.  Was able to use another USB cable to get the power up, but it seems that without that Wi-Fi booster in the line, the remote won't work and I can't get a Wi-Fi connection.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Basil
Roku Guru

Whatever you do, do not go to Walmart and buy a Streaming Stick 4K, take it home, swap out the cables, then take it back for a refund. Do not do that.

Basil
Longtime Roku user
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Basil wrote:

Whatever you do, do not go to Walmart and buy a Streaming Stick 4K, take it home, swap out the cables, then take it back for a refund. Do not do that.

Especially if you have 3810 Stick+, because it will be useless. The 3810 has usb type b-mini, where the newer 3820/3821 uses micro usb cable port

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

The cable is $20. A new Stick is $40. Buy a new stick and be done with it 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@Ello2022 wrote:

The cable is $20. A new Stick is $40. Buy a new stick and be done with it 

And find themselves in the same situation again? No, buy any other Roku than a Roku stick. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee  Ummm no. I currently own 4 Sticks and never had one cable issue. Previous to these 4 I had 3 others. People let the cable hang under pressure. I don’t let the cords on my Sticks just hang there. I use Velcro straps and support it. If something is just sitting there all by itself it can’t just break on its own. People stretch the cable and let the AC power adapter dangle under its own load. It’s kinda common sense to secure something and not let it just hang there.

0 Kudos