Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisamelby
Reel Rookie

why is my remote continually unpairing?

• My voice rechargeable Roku remote continually needs the button in the back to be pressed and the remote is fully charged.  
  • when I say continually I mean it stops working, I press the button on the back and then works for two clicks then it stops working again and I need to press the button again!   This cycle isn't stopping.  Sometimes it's two clicks, sometimes I get a few more clicks, but it will not stay paired no matter what I do.
10 REPLIES 10
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: why is my remote continually unpairing?

Hi @lisamelby,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging us about these remote woes, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

To learn more about this, please let us know.

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Does this successfully pair if you connect it to its charger?
  • Could you also share with us the serial number of the device where its paired.

Kindly share with us a bit more about this issue, and we'll further look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DuhColonel

She issue for me...

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DuhColonel,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, can you please elaborate on the issue that you are experiencing so we can further assist you?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobWun

Same issue for me and many others it seems.  This is a maddening issue.  Have completed all possible fixes that I could find online and this forum; outside of replacement.  Mine was purchased new as a two pack.  No issues with main Roku which is located at another house. 

Edit: works fine until power off and use next day or next hour.  Sometimes it will work if using immediately after reboot. 

Device type: Streaming Stick 4K

Serial number: X017000U7WKP

Added: Feb 11, 2024

after pairing it works fine. After reboot only power and volume work on Samsung TV.  

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@lisamelbyOut of curiosity, have you tried using a phone app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar for IOS? I ask since most all Roku remotes use WiFi direct to connect with the device so if the channel you've selected is highly congested, the connection will drop. Best practices are to find which channels are less congested and change yours. Hopefully you're able to log into your router; if not, find out how. Not sure if that will solve the problem, but its worth a shot

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
MaxT

This is happening to me as well, with a Roku Voice Remote that came with a TCL 65" Class 6-Series 4K Mini-LED UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Roku TV. While re-pairing temporarily fixes the problem, the pair is dropped again the next time we use the TV, so it's not a real solution. Would greatly appreciate any further information about this issue, including possible remote replacement.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MaxT,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this community link: Help: Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lisamelby
Reel Rookie

hi - I don't know what you are referring to "phone app like WiFi Analyzer for Android or something similar for IOS? " 

So the answer would be no im not using an app.- Lisa

0 Kudos
Allen20

Same issue for me, except I get annoying pop ups telling me to pair it constantly and needing new batteries everyday, Roku is complete garbage and a waste of money.

0 Kudos