Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkipFire
Visitor

Build numbers in the channel store?

Any chance at seeing build numbers in the channel store for installed and available channels? It would help when troubleshooting and for knowing when the channel has been updated in the store.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Build numbers in the channel store?

You can see the build numbers of all installed channels using this remote sequence: HOMEx3, UPx2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

You can also get version numbers for installed apps via ECP: http://your.roku.ip:8060/query/apps
In the channel store, the date published is listed with each channel, which should at least help you narrow it down.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
steamer
Visitor

or using Remoku.
but ...
wouldn't it be nice if one did not have to jump thru those hoops?
reminds me of looking up a word in a dictionary ...
only to find 'see _____' ... when the same info could have been
displayed right there.
i've long wondered why they aren't displayed in the info/descripton
when clicking on the channel icon.
of course there may be a good reason they are not.
i just don't know what they might be.
"The Selection of Random Numbers is too Important to be Left to Chance."

Roku 1 - Model #2100X V 3.1 b1017
Roku 2 - Model #3100X V 5.5.321
both wired
VisionNet ADSL2+4 Ports Wireless
Toshiba 40G300U HDMI, 1080P
0 Kudos
SkipFire
Visitor

All these remote sequences and alternate ports are great for the developers, but not for troubleshooting with the end user. It's hard enough to get them to see the IP of the Roku.

In the end I am just adding an information screen to my app that shows the version of the app along with some other information that I have never needed to ask for but I don't want a screen for just the version number.
0 Kudos
steamer
Visitor

"SkipFire" wrote:
All these remote sequences and alternate ports are great for the developers, but not for troubleshooting with the end user. It's hard enough to get them to see the IP of the Roku.

In the end I am just adding an information screen to my app that shows the version of the app along with some other information that I have never needed to ask for but I don't want a screen for just the version number.

+1
thanks
"The Selection of Random Numbers is too Important to be Left to Chance."

Roku 1 - Model #2100X V 3.1 b1017
Roku 2 - Model #3100X V 5.5.321
both wired
VisionNet ADSL2+4 Ports Wireless
Toshiba 40G300U HDMI, 1080P
0 Kudos