Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ionatan
Roku Guru

Changing on-screen video info

Is it possible to customize/select which video information (title, runtime, release date) is displayed on roVideoScreen when "down arrow" key is pressed?!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Changing on-screen video info

You can't change which attributes of the content-meta-data are displayed in the HUD. But you could experiment with manipulating the values of those attributes to get different information displayed.
0 Kudos
ionatan
Roku Guru

Thanks. I will try that.
It's interesting that "Length" attribute is not set but is still displayed.
0 Kudos
bandal
Visitor

It is annoying as some shows I want length to show and others I do not want it to show and still shows 0m.
DA
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"bandal" wrote:
It is annoying as some shows I want length to show and others I do not want it to show and still shows 0m.
DA

I think you're talking about something else. I'm pretty sure the video overlay shows the actual length as detected by the video player. If the springboard is showing "0m" then you need to make sure the .Length metadata attribute is set to invalid and not 0.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos