Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

Check your PayPal revenue payments

I'm almost at my wit's end.  This month's PayPal payments were made around 10pm last night, with everything looking normal for the foreign currency payments. HOWEVER, tbe USD payments were made using PayPal MASS PAY by Roku and are way off, as in at least $3700 short.  I don't think we can keep operating with these constant glitches with the payment system and buggy dashboard.

We download our CVS files daily for each of our channels and then update the month's Excel sheet accordingly. This is how we're also able to detect when hundreds of transactions have been removed, but I won't get into that in this topic.  Today we'll just blame it on a database glitch or something.

So each month we receive our regular USD payment for the main revenue and then a separate much smaller payment usually labeled as "Payment for August" which we believe are dues still owed for some reason.

Please check your PayPal payments and post whether or not anything is odd.  I'm going to give a day before contacting Partner Success, but in my experience they won't help.

9 REPLIES 9
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: Check your PayPal revenue payments

bump

0 Kudos
Keewee

Exactly same problem here!

newchannel
Roku Guru

Only received a small CAD payment and NO US pay...$0

Wrote them and they wrote back asking me to tell them what I thought I was owed and when I got the CAD pay etc. Sent screenshot of the CAD. Sure hope they find my US pay.

They normally have answered me promptly about problems so I hope they will help me.

http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
cocotower
Roku Guru

The Roku team also has a forum bug that tries to force you to signing up again as a new user no matter what link you click... you have to clear your Roku site data to get around this bug to log into the forums again.  It usually happens when I'm reporting financial bugs, but I digress.

What I did was insert all of my Payout reports for August into one Excel sheet, removed the EUR, GPB, and CAD entries since those PayPal payments were correct for me.  I left the MXN, USD, BRL, and various other payouts that I assume Roku converts to USD for the books, but converted those currencies into USD which took a while by hand.

What Roku paid me was roughly 11% of what was owed in USD.  I'm not sure that will help figure out any logic behind what they did.  I really looks like their integration with PayPal Mass Pay flopped miserably and it could quite possibly be (in MY opinion) we're getting USD revenue shares belonging to other developers, but the only basis for this opinion is that there's no apparent mathematical factor involved.  Again, I'm totally speculating.

I also demanded that Partner Success (Jen) elevate this to the highest level of management, while also attaching my consolidated payouts report in Excel format, EVEN THOUGH the same data is available to Partner Success already.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Do you mean they asked you what was owed in CAD, and when you told them, they then paid that amount?  Your reply leaves some to the imagination of what you meant.  And how can you send a screenshot of what's owed?  The payout reports are a nightmare spreadsheet dump to web format and the totals are not shown.

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Well if this isn't a shocker.  Literally 2 minutes after sending my Excel report, the payments arrived.  They probably had already issued them at the same time I was doing the work.

Post your experience here to help others get in contact with Partner Success and what to expect, etc.

newchannel
Roku Guru

Forgive me for not making it clear.

I received a CAD payment. The US normally comes within a few minutes of the CAD. But, the US never came. I emailed partner success and received an email asking me to send any info I had and they asked in the email how much I thought I was owned. 

I sent them a screenshot from my email that showed I had received the CAD payment.

Thank you for posting your updates. I hope they get it figured out and I get paid and not forgotten. I'm sure it's a headache for the roku peeps that have to fix all of this stuff. Hopefully they won't forget about me.

I like your idea on how to keep track of your daily transactions. I have a hard time deciphering some it and going to see what I can do about getting my daily reports downloaded.

Hope everything works out for you.

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Thank God...US pay just arrived.

ROKU people...thank you for working on this and doing it quickly.

Much appreciated.

caldev
Binge Watcher

I contacted partner success. They said payment will go out on 10/06 via ACH.

0 Kudos