Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaBlues
Streaming Star

Re: IP Camera Viewer v4.0 with RTSP/ONVIF support released

Too many people here have said the same, they cannot get this to work.

Doesn't anyone know of a list of configs for various cameras?

0 Kudos

Were you ever able to address the length of Stream URL issue? I’m having a similar problem with my Reolink where the entire URL with username and password will not fit the box:

/cgi-bin/api.cgi?cmd=Snap&channel=0&rs=&user=(xxxxx)&password=(xxxxxxxxxxx)

I can get about 3 characters in the password field. Otherwise I think the app would work just fine. It tests perfect from my desktop. 

0 Kudos
Bumi66

I have the a problem with my SV3C cameras they won't show and Onvif doesn't work either 

0 Kudos
DaBlues
Streaming Star

This software is a joke and he keeps selling it too.
In all the years I've had this, I've gotten ONE IP camera to work, no others at all.
He says they have to be of good quality and I've tried $250.00 cameras as well as over $100.00 and none ever work.

GARBAGE!

0 Kudos
ioan
Roku Guru

As stated in the documentation, the app exclusively supports jpeg encoded streams, performing effectively with compatible cameras. If you own a camera with only h.264 stream support, direct functionality is not guaranteed. However, I've crafted a complimentary solution for such cases. Criticizing someone's effort as "garbage" simply because it doesn't cater to unsupported devices seems unwarranted.

https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
DaBlues
Streaming Star

Sure, listen to you complaining about being outed. You've made money on this and many were left hanging. Years later, you add a complimentary thing. Nice of you.

0 Kudos
ethosoccer
Channel Surfer

@DaBlues you sounds like someone who doesn't understand how your technology works. The limitations of the software were laid out, if you don't understand them then sorry that is on you.

jpeg encoded streams are not common, but if you have a camera that supports them, then this software works great. if not, then try something else or develop your own software ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jspilde
Channel Surfer

@ethosoccer  @ioan the software doesn't fully work. There are many complaints that haven't been checked into. I've used 4 megapixel Reolink cameras without problem in app and browser. The nearly identical 5 megapixel camera with same exact http jpeg stream URL as 4 Mbps works in browser and not in app.

DaBlues
Streaming Star

Yup, it's like reviews. People give **bleep** good reviews because it worked for them and they think it's good enough to give a positive review. Give it a much longer time before sending a review to see if it actually works or not.

I've got all kinds of cameras because that's part of my work so I'm not exactly non technical and this software is inadequate. It works with certain cameras but not many. It's as simple as that.

0 Kudos
ethosoccer
Channel Surfer

@DaBlues Then develop your own software or use something else then. It's as simple as that.

My home setup has 14 cameras and MOST work with jpeg encoded streams, but some do not. For the ones that do not the developer has offered a solution and it works perfect for my needs:

https://github.com/e1ioan/rokuphp

Again, sorry to talk down on you it sounds like you are an intelligent person, but you need to understand what this software does and does not do and the limitations therein. If it does not work for your applications, then sorry this software probably is not for you.

For myself and others that use this everyday it has been more than worth the $5 price tag for the pro version.

0 Kudos