Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

NEED TO GO FROM HOME SCREEN TO SPRINGBOARD

Hi -

I'm a newbie with SDK and am trying to do eliminate the category leaf hierarchy and go directly from top level categories on home screen to springboard screen but can't figure out how to do it. Its similar to the old Netflix interface where you click on a movie and the next screen is springboard where you can play the movie.

When I select one of the top level categories, I want to jump right to the springboard screen for that selected category. Currently it jumps from top level category to another poster screen with filter banner. Then I select the same category and it finally gets to the springboard screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: NEED TO GO FROM HOME SCREEN TO SPRINGBOARD

In showHomeScreen(), try replacing the call to displayCategoryPosterScreen(kid) with displayshowDetailScreen(kid, 0).

You will need to modify displayshowDetailScreen() slightly, as it is no longer called in the context of the poster screeen....

Function displayShowDetailScreen(category as Object, showIndex as Integer) As Integer

if validateParam(category, "roAssociativeArray", "displayShowDetailScreen") = false return -1

shows = getShowsForCategoryItem(category, showIndex)
screen = preShowDetailScreen(category.Title, category.kids[showIndex].Title)
showIndex = showDetailScreen(screen, shows, showIndex)

return showIndex
End Function
0 Kudos
rsromeo
Channel Surfer

Re: NEED TO GO FROM HOME SCREEN TO SPRINGBOARD

thanks...I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos