Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

Payout Settings forms broken again

Roku strikes again.

A simple attempt to change from ACH to PayPal resulted in a de-enrollment in the payout program.  The Payout Settings page now has a button next to the tax info section saying "RESUBMIT TAX FORMS" instead of VERIFIED which I already was!  Clicking this button leads to a page with some summary tax info, and if nothing needs to change it says to click CONTINUE.  Clicking CONTINUE then brings up a page with a code and a security question/answer.  Clicking Next leads to a page saying that the info has been passed to Roku.  2 days have passed and the tax forms have not been Verified.  Last month the process was automatic and took about 15 minutes.  The page also says that if changes are required to RESTART the process, yet there is no link to restart other than the RESUBMIT TAX FORMS button.

Jen at Partner Success replied 2 days later saying to log in again and it should be fixed, which of course it's not.  I asked her to just enroll me back and be done with it.

Is anyone else still stuck in the Payout Settings rut, causing you to be unenrolled and not receiving payments now?  Did you contact Partner Success, and what is the status of your struggle?

15 REPLIES 15
newchannel
Roku Guru

Re: Payout Settings forms broken again

I'm stuck. Been conversing with Partner Success. After making a mistake when doing the update the verify option only allows one try. MIstake I had was I needed to correct the tax type toggle. After clicking verify and it failing it won't allow me to verify again with correct option toggled. It won't reverify after needing to edit to make a correction.

I was asked to try the edit button by the company details area. That opens a blank page that says "Something went wrong reload browser.". Using edge and have tried 3 browsers, signed out, signed in etc.

I don't understand why the coding gurus at roku can't reset it so the verify option will verify after there is an edit.

So yep, I'm stuck in llimbo.. 

http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I feel for you guys.  After reading the posts here I was prepared for the worst and pretty much got it.  It took multiple browsers, devices, and clearing of cookies before I finally managed to complete the process to just keep everything the way it's been for the last 10+ years.  I can tell you that if I had inadvertently agreed to getting paid with sacks of pennies through the US Mail, I wouldn't have gone back and tried to change anything.  😜

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

What browsers, devices and methods worked out for you?  Did it change the RESUBMIT TAX FORMS button into a Verified status?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what steps I took and what ultimately ended up working.  I usually use Firefox with Noscript, which really interferes with a lot of sites, but I'm used to that.  I think I even tried multiple networks - my network with a content blocker and one without one.  I know I went through the "submit tax forms" process multiple times on both Firefox and Edge and I never did understand some of the choices I made.  Associate?  What's that?  I couldn't even tell you what I ended up choosing.  The same was true for one of the tax selections.  When one didn't work, I tried the other.  It's even possible that I used my phone not connected to my network.  I was so relieved when I finally got the "verified" indicator that I'm afraid to even visit the web page again for fear I'll screw something up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

The problem is that the first page of the Payout Settings update process doesn't show a status message indicating that Roku is going to MANUALLY REVIEW your SUBMITTED TAX FORM and that it could take up to TWO WEEKS.  Instead, the RESUBMIT TAX FORMS button appears in that spot where At Least a status message should also reside.  Just wait it out and hopefully Roku will Verify your tax forms by the end of the month when you normally get your revenue payments.  Also, keep pounding them with e-mails until they Hear Your Concerns followed by a Prompt Remedy.

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I still don't have mine fixed. If you make any mistakes it won't allow edits...at least for me. I have tried edge, opera, Firefox and my phone off wifi. 

It won't even allow me to edit name and address info of which I tried after payout settings didn't work to see if it would reset.

I had made a mistake and clicked LLC corp and verify. It failed. I looked further down the list and found the single member LLC. Chose it but after verify is checked and clicked once it will not allow it to verify a 2nd time. So, stuck in limbo.

I tried to edit the name info in case it would somehow reset so I could get to the payput section and try again. All I get in every section when I try to edit anything is this message ( the left sidebar remains) but section to the right has this:

"Something went wrong. Please reload your browser."

Any suggestions on what else I can try? I cleared cookies on one of the computers but it didn't make a difference. Tried 2 computers and a phone off wifi.

Partner Success is aware. We've been emailing back and forth.

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

BTW not sure but guess I'm to choose the associate option.. what a headache ugh

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

It's a shame that PS is more than aware but is still unable to convey to the Roku script kiddies that it's their fault, not ours.

What I know is that once verified, a "Verified" status appears with a green checkmark.  For me the first time around required Microsoft Edge.  After filling out all the IRS **bleep** and submitting, about 15-30 minutes later I was verified, so I assume this was automated.  This also enrolled me again.

A subsequent edit of anything un-enrolls from the Payout program, which I'm going to hold my opinion about lest I be ejected from Roku altogether if they see it.

What happens is a button now appears "RESUBMIT TAX FORMS" where the once Verified status appeared.  There is no "Restart the process" which is suggested a few pages along if you need to change any IRS specs.  There is a CONTINUE button if nothing has changed.  The instructions say that if you need to change something, "Restart the process", yet there is no option to do that.

My last attempt to resubmit my tax forms as-is was done from a private tab, then from my cell phone which had WIFI turned off.  I had maybe 15 submissions stacked up, so maybe it was just that Roku finally realized this and enrolled me back and wiped it all clean.

I feel your pain and wish I knew more.  Heck, I have to point out all the bicycles or traffic lights every time I try to post in the forums, so we're all lucky to even be able to complain here.

0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

Today they asked me to send a screen recording to show them what it's doing. I was able to send that over and show them it won't allow me to do anything. They are working on it but I do wish the roku engineers would just go into my account and make the changes or at least try it and see if it's doing the same for them. 

So I don't know anything new yet but at least they are trying to figure it out.

But I did tell them that after a failed verification it will not allow for any edits. 

I sure hope my subscribers aren't wiped out during this. That's very concerning.

0 Kudos